MEU1/MEU3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
TandC

MEU1/MEU3

Post by TandC »

I would be interested to know if anyone has converted their existing MEU1/MEU3 to the new documents,and what their experiences were.
holitec

Re: MEU1/MEU3

Post by holitec »

I converted my rather old MEU1 to a new UKW3 this year. Not difficult, just the normal documents for a MEU3 like 5 years utility bills, bank statements, SI payments, GESY registration signed by my doctor for health insurance. Made an appointment for photo etc, then wait about 12 weeks to issue the photo id.

I had to wait for the letter to say my card was ready, but they sent that to the village post office - I discovered the letter had sat there for over a month before I collected my card.

I did use an agent though, could not face the usual queues at migration. Using the agent meant I was in and out in 15 mins, well worth the few euros to check all the paperwork and jump the queues. I think the cards are collected on Mondays, which are quieter days and I did not have to queue for that.

Regards

Digby
TandC

Post by TandC »

Did anyone just exchange an existing MEU1 for a new MEU1
holitec

Post by holitec »

I think you will find migration will not do this, I was in there when a British expat came in to make an appointment to change theirs. They were told there was no need and to go away! Yes upgrade your MEU1 to a 3 (but actually no real need to do this unless you intend to leave CY for a longer period), but no point changing a MEU1 or existing MEU3 to the new type, they are both valid until further notice.

HTH

Digby
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There were no queues when we went for our interviews for the meeting, a couple of months ago.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.