Glass Balustrade

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

Glass Balustrade

Post by Jim B »

Has any recently had a Glass Balustrade fitted and if so where did they get it from and are they pleased with the installation.
Jim B

Re: Glass Balustrade

Post by Jim B »

Maybe I should have said glass panels to replace the metal handrails. Most of the new builds have them.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

We are getting glass balustrades on our renovation. They have not yet been fitted.

Architect spoke to several firms for quotes. Many are too busy. We got 2 quotes:

A.S. Charalambous in Paphos. 26 913 568/569 and 99 647 315/316. Architect knows them. He vouches for their quality and speed, and can apply a bit of pressure. We ended up going with them for the balustrades because they are doing other work on site and know the main contractor with whom they must work.

G Trikkis & Sons Engineering in Limassol. 7000 3242. www.trikkis.com.cy
Architect says they are the best glass fabricator on the island. Their price was not so different. We are going with them for the shower cubicle glass, which Charalambous does not do.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

nholleran wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:22 pm Glass shop facing Ppas at the traffic lights bottom of the Polis rd
We know this shop as well. Owner speaks good English. We are buying mirror glass from him. No idea if he does balustrades but would not be surprised.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Many thanks Sunspot, will check them out. Do you know where in Paphos Charalambous Glass are please?

Jim
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

We did not visit their premises. Will ask architect and let you know. Think they are in Ayia Varvara.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Jim B, here is their location in Ayia Varvara:
https://maps.apple.com/place?auid=16049 ... %3D%3D&t=h

Architect said: Please call them in advance if you would like to visit them, and the right person will be there to meet you.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Many thanks Sunspot, very much appreciated.

Jim
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

My neighbour who has a large terrace that over looks Lighthouse Beach 200-300m away had aluminium and glass fitted by DS Aluminium 5 years ago and they still look as good as new

I had a quote for my smaller balcony and decided to leave the metal ones as I do get a sea breeze through the gaps that are most welcoming so decided against it

The young lady ( Antonia ) was a delight to deal with

They are based near the new road going in at the back of the old flea market next to the Coca Cola factory

Contact details are

http://dsaluminium.simplesite.com/423835151