New temporary measures announced, mainly pertaining to SafePass and entertainment

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

New temporary measures announced, mainly pertaining to SafePass and entertainment

Post by Dominic »

The Government have announce the following new measures as a direct response to the increasing COVID rates in the community.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Re: New temporary measures announced, mainly pertaining to SafePass and entertainment

Post by trevnhil »

The new rule that I find interesting is number 3....
3. Introduction of SafePass in all indoor and outdoor areas where at any time more than 20 people gather, including the employees of the company, until July 31.

This seems to include food shops/supermarkets..
Trev..
wilky

Re: New temporary measures announced, mainly pertaining to SafePass and entertainment

Post by wilky »

Nightclubs,discos etc you must be joking the new minister of health has not heard about the 100 on board the Queen Elizabeth carrier who have tested positive and were all double jabbed before visiting Limassol.Don't think this is going to turn out well stay safe everybody.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:42 pm The new rule that I find interesting is number 3....
3. Introduction of SafePass in all indoor and outdoor areas where at any time more than 20 people gather, including the employees of the company, until July 31.

This seems to include food shops/supermarkets..
That’s the conclusion I came to too. I think that is why they stipulate it is until the end of the month. Ie while antigen testing is still free.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have been out to a few places this morning.. A DIY store did not bother asking about whether I had a safepass or not.
At the next really large DIY store near Gerosipou, the security staff asked to see my safepass.
At my visit to a Hospital, I was asked to show my pass when registering at the doorway.
At a large fruit and Veg Supermarket, I was asked to show my pass and asked for ID.
And finally, at another supermarket, there was no one at the door checking whether I had a pass or not.

So it seems a little bit hit and miss. All my visits were short brief ones, so I never saw anyone refused entry..
Trev..
dodo

Post by dodo »

Comes into force tomorrow (20th)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks dodo. I thought it came into force today. But after re-reading the article you are of course correct it starts on the 20th of the month
Trev..
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well we've just had a very surreal experience today here in UK.

The first taste of Freedom Day, a bus trip of 70 minutes to Blackpool to our favourite entertainment venue where for the last few weeks, it's been sign in the track and trace form, tables for a maximum of 4 people with a seated drinks service, the artist on the stage singing behind a taped off cordon plus one way in for the entrance and out by another.

Today, no restrictions of seating on the bus, any entrance or exit will do at the venue, no scanning a QR code or signing of forms, service directly from the bar and table sharing no problem.

Artist with no cordon, all tables removed from the dance floor, dancing girls with feather headdress and fans.

Dancing, did I mention dancing? On the actual dance floor, no less.

On a Monday afternoon. Something we would normally have saved for a Thursday afternoon back in March last year.

It had to be done, we had a soul duo on and some Northern Soul tunes which don't allow for sitting and tapping your feet to.

Altogether, a really good afternoon although it took it to halfway through the second artists before people finally plucked up the courage to venture out onto the floor. People were very aware of their spacial surroundings.

Definitely not a place for us to venture to at weekend now the height of summer has arrived. We will stick to our usual midweek trips when the 3pm artists are to our taste.

It felt like someone had just removed the safety net over the abyss and will definitely take some getting used to...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Personally I would have stayed away. Mind you, I've never been a fan of Northern Soul.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:25 am Mind you, I've never been a fan of Northern Soul.
You're too young to appreciate it 😉
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Happy with the procedures at various establishments this morning, helped by people having the relevant information handy.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We were out this morning. Safe pass requested to enter the Alexandra The Great (his birthday today) Hotel. Visited Alpha Mega same there pass had to be shown. Excellent.
All things are possible