Flight to UK paperwork

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Flight to UK paperwork

Post by lotus »

Hi all,hopefully flying to UK with Ryanair Sunday night from Paphos,having my PCR test Friday ,Cyprus vaccination card all stamped,sorted isolation tests out for UK,do I need the so called safe pass?,I am not registered with Gesy so can't download it anyway,any help much appreciated,thanks
Firefly

Re: Flight to UK paperwork

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

As far as I know, you will need your UK Passenger Locater Form, completed and submitted and printed off, I had to when returning to the UK last Saturday. Also the receipt for your day 2 and day 8 tests. Print off everything, and take with you would be my advice. I didn't have a 'safe pass'.

Good luck with your flight.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thankyou Jackie,will take everything !!,hope you had a great time in Cyprus!🌞
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Thank you Lotus.

Yes it was wonderful to see my son and his family after so long. Obviously we didn't go far, but oh the sunshine and happy family times.

Hope all goes well for you.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lotus,
I am traveling on a Ryanair flight. Just check the Ryanair website. There is lots of information there as to what paperwork you will need. You have to get it right, as apparently, some people have been denied boarding if documentation isn't complete.

Dee
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I flew to Stansted yesterday- UK resident returning home.

Hadn’t printed anything off, everything was stored on my phone

At Paphos I was required to show my negative COVID test, passenger locator form and the usual boarding card and passport

At Stansted I had to show everything as above but I was not asked to show proof of a negative COVID test which I found slightly odd.

Hadn’t got that much charge on my phone so was slightly concerned it would die on me in the queue at Stansted but fortunately it lasted (just)

Passport was stamped as I left Paphos just as it was when I arrived
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dee

At Larnaca airport I needed the receipt for the purchase of my day 2 and day 8 tests, I was told that I wouldn't be able to fly without it.

Not necessary to enter the UK, but they insisted. Upon my arrival at Bristol my negative Covid test result, my passenger locator form and passport was all I needed, crazy !

Jackie
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thanks Jackie. It may be that the attitude at the airport check ins here is because they have been told that every detail must be correct. What is even crazier is that if you were vaccinated by the NHS, you didn't need to self isolate on your return to the UK.
Whereas if your vaccination was done in Cyprus, with the same vaccines, you apparently do. Even though we have the relevant vaccination certificate with all details.

Dee
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:18 pm Thanks Jackie. It may be that the attitude at the airport check ins here is because they have been told that every detail must be correct. What is even crazier is that if you were vaccinated by the NHS, you didn't need to self isolate on your return to the UK.
Whereas if your vaccination was done in Cyprus, with the same vaccines, you apparently do. Even though we have the relevant vaccination certificate with all details.

Dee
I have been vaccinated by the NHS and returned to the UK on Wednesday. I am having to self isolate and indeed was contacted by Test and Trace today to confirm what the requirements are.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I'm surprised by your experience re self isolation, Beechwood. According to what I had read on line, UK based Brits who had been on holiday in Cyprus, but had been vaccinated by the NHS and had rec'd 2 jabs,(the last one more than 3 weeks before travel) were not required to self isolate on their return home.
Was this a 'misunderstanding' following Boris last appearance on TV, when he was flanked by his medical advisors?
Dee
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Dee
I think the above , no need to isolate applies from Monday 19th July
KandK

Post by KandK »

We flew back to Gatwick from Paphos last Saturday. All went smoothly with documentation, because we were as prepared as we could be. The flight was only 50% full, but if it had been busier, there could have been chaos.

We did our PCR Test at the lab opposite Paps in Chloraka. €50 each, had the test at 0900, got the results the same day at 1900. You have to pre-book your UK isolation PCR tests, and when you do, you are provided with a reference number which you have to put on your PLF. We used Confirmtesting.com. We arrived home at 0300 on Sunday morning, and the tests were delivered by DPD at 1400 the same day. Incidentally, the day you arrive is day 0, so our Day 2 tests were done on Tuesday, posted in a priority post box, tracked, and we got the result late Wednesday evening. Its like waiting for your exam results!

When we got to the Easyjet Bag-drop at Paphos, we had to show:-

1. Passport
2. Boarding Pass
3. Negative Covid Test Certificate
4. Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

They carefully check every detail on every document, to make sure that the name, passport number, date of birth, etc matched. Fortunately we had access to a printer, so had everything printed out. Where passengers had no access to a printer, and had their boarding pass, Covid Test, and PLF on their phone, it took much longer per passenger as they had to fiddle on their phone and the check-in person had to keep expanding the screen to read the tiny typing. My advice would be if at all possible to print everything off.

Then we went through security, no problems. At the gate, everyone's documents were checked again, since some passengers with just carry-on bags hadn't been to Bag-drop and had their documents checked before. Even if you had, they were checked again. An older couple in front of us were refused boarding as there was a problem with their Covid Test date. There was mention of a change in their flight, so maybe their test was more than 72 hours old. They were not allowed through the gate. They asked "what do we do now?", and were told to book another flight. You feel just awful seeing that happen to someone.

At Gatwick, we only had to go through the passport machines. As usual, my passport wouldn't work, even though I have a brand new Blue passport, so I had to go to a desk and have mine checked by a real person. When my passport was scanned, the immigration office said "Thank you, and I can see that you have done your PLF too", so it is all linked up.

As I understand it, from 19th July, people with 2 jab don't have to quarantine, but still have to do the PCR tests when they get back, so the documentation procedure will still be as outlined above.

Apologies if I am repeating what people already know, but after we came back, we had friends in CY calling to check where we went for our PCR test, asking how the check-in process went, which UK testing company we used, etc, so I thought i would share the experience we had. We have friends flying out ion Sunday, and they asked all the same questions too.

We did our Day 5 "test-to-release" swabs yesterday, and I am tracking them. If we get the result today (and its negative, of course), we are free to go out and about, but the rules state that we must still take the Day 8 test, and post it off. We have received a telephone call every day from UK Test & Trace. Very polite, but firm.

I hope this helps.

Kevin
RLK

Post by RLK »

Good one Kevin.

Have saved this and will no doubt point numerous folk to your post.

Ruth😁
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I'm in quarantine until Wednesday next week, providing my day 8 test is negative, I will be free to leave my home, no problem for me.

Dee, as has been said, it's only from 19th July that there is no need to quarantine in the UK if you're double jabbed.

From what has been posted on here, it seems that Paphos airport staff are more informed than those at Larnaca.

Jackie
TandC

Post by TandC »

Kevin,

Great piece of work very helpful

Planning the Test in Cyprus is the difficlt bit,with flights tending to be only Sunday and Wednesday. Do you know the hours of opening for the Lab you used?

Regards
KandK

Post by KandK »

Hi Tand C

This is the lab we used. https://www.pavlideslabs.com/contact/

Opening hours are 07.30 - 17.00 weekdays and 07.30 - 13.00 on Saturday.

Kevin
janeandian

Post by janeandian »

We travelled from Paphos yesterday with British Airways to London Heathrow.
There was no on line check in you had to check in at Paphos Airport.
At check in they checked the following,
Passport.
Passenger locator form.
Receipt showing purchase of day 2 and day 8 tests.
Negative COVID test result certificate ( we used Wecare Medical centre for a rapid antigen test).
Only passports checked when we boarded.
At London Heathrow, considering there were not many flights the queues were huge with approx wait of over an hour.
We were directed to an e gate with no check of any other forms.
This morning I have had a text message from the government and a phone call asking questions about info I put on my locator form. They said they would call back if I tested positive on any of my tests.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Thanks for update kandk and janeandian. Very useful to share.

Glad I’m not a checkin person at the airport having to cope with different requirements for different destinations.

As I understand from the Gov.U.K. Website the test you have prior to travelling back to the U.K. can be either PCR or Rapid as long the test meets the standards they set out. So good to know that there were no problems with the rapid test from WeCare - usually a lot cheaper and quicker than PCR which could be a good saving for families and not quite so stressful to get the result back in good time.

Ian

Ian