Only 8 categories for SMS/Form B movement permissions

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Only 8 categories for SMS/Form B movement permissions

Post by galexinda »

According to Tala Blogspot:

https://talanews.blogspot.com/2021/04/l ... .html#more

''Please note that the categories for movement whether by SMS or completing a paper form [for those aged 65+] have changed slightly. The new form is not available yet and as it will be so lengthy if they include all the text, I will let you know when the form is available. In the meantime, please use the categories indicated below under Q5. Note in particular category 9 is no longer available and if you apply for permission to leave the house showing this category, your absence will be rejected!''

Link to PIO document: https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-release ... vV194#flat
galexinda

Re: Only 8 categories for SMS/Form B movement permissions

Post by galexinda »

Full list here:

4. How many categories for movement by exception are there via a text message?

There are eight (8) categories for movement by exception via a text message. Category 8 includes sub-categories, as outlined in question 5 below.

5. In which cases is movement by exception allowed by sending a text message?

Movement by exception by sending a text message is allowed in the following cases:

-Category 1: Visit to a doctor / medical center or for a laboratory test for COVID-19 (rapid test or PCR) or going to a pharmacy.

-Category 2: Purchase or supply of essential goods / services to and from businesses / services, the operation of which has not been suspended, including take-away and drive-through of food and drink businesses, excluding the purchase / supply of spirits (until 8:30 pm). It is noted that the purchase/supply of alcoholic beverages from catering establishments is not permitted, either for take-away or drive-through.

- Category 3: Going to a bank for transactions which cannot be carried out online.

- Category 4: Absolutely necessary visits to government services, services of the wider public sector and the Local Government, when the task cannot be carried out electronically. This category also includes movement to/from the Green Spots operated by various Municipalities/Communities, which are adjacent to the citizens’ permanent residences.

- Category 5: Assistance to relatives and / or fellow citizens who are unable to care for themselves or fall within groups that have to self-protect or self- isolate and /or in places of mandatory confinement. Only on Easter Sunday, 2 May, movement is permitted in order to go to a residence provided that, persons present at the residence are coming only from two families and provided that the total number of persons in the residence does not exceed 10, including children.

- Category 6: Physical exercise, provided it does not exceed two adults excluding minor children and is restricted to areas where access is permitted. People are also allowed to go to another District, other than the one where they permanently reside (primary residence), for personal exercise purposes at the sea, provided that they do not exceed two people, except for minor children accompanied by their parents. Movement is permitted for a reasonable time and the persons must return to their permanent residence on the same day, no later than 9 pm. Residents permanently living in Districts with access to the sea, are not allowed to go to another District for physical exercise purposes.

- Category 7: Going to a place of religious worship for individual prayer or for ceremonies, such as funerals, weddings, baptisms (maximum number of people in ceremonies 10 people). Only for Holy Saturday (1 May) movement is permitted in order to go to a place of religious worship for purposes of participating in the evening Easter Liturgy.

- Category 8: (upon presentation of the necessary evidence valid for each case):

Movement of divorced or separated parents, which is necessary for communication and contact between parents and children. Individuals must provide a Court Order as proof that they have a responsibility to care for their children on the specific days / hours of movement.
Specialized treatments for people with disabilities or people with chronic diseases, together with their carer.
Transfer to and from Larnaka and Pafos Airports for the transfer of persons on presentation of proof (ticket) which shows the day and time of arrival / departure.
Transfer of farmers and stockbreeders, provided that they submit the form of hectare and capital subsidy from CAPO or, in case this does not apply, a relevant certificate from the District Agricultural Office.
Transfer of persons to animal shelters for the care of animals, provided that they present a certificate validated by a recognized animal welfare organization, as well as a relevant proof that the Veterinary Services have been notified on each movement.
Movement for visiting a cemetery.
Transfer to another privately owned property (eg holiday home, etc.) in the District of permanent residence and / or in another District outside that of permanent residence, only for the period from April 29 to May 3.
All persons moving for any of the above reasons must bring with them an identity card or passport, for identification purposes in the event of checks by the Competent Authorities.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I've added the new instructions to the bottom of the Corona Form page.

https://www.paphoslife.com/coronaform

I've also removed option 9, but I haven't been able to update the actual form yet. Has anybody seen the new version, with only 8 options?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 am I just use the form which has been on my desktop for weeks lol.
Is the old B form now legal after yesterdays new lockdown.I printed a zillion of them and being the skin flint i am, dont want to throw them away :(
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I continue to use the old form. Once they have made up their minds with all the alterations I will then produce a new form
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It is hard to keep up with all the amendments to this form. However they tweak it, it still doesn't cover every reason for movement. This starts to feel like a police state.
Apparently some people have given up texting, or so they say.

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I wish there was an official form along the lines of the information required when sending an SMS text.

In addition to Name, ID Number and Physical Address, all that is required is Date, Time, Reason and Signature.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Or... heaven forbid, those who are over 65 and want to go out twice a day ;-)
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Out of curiosity, when was the last time any of you had your form checked? I think I was last stopped to check my phone about 11 months ago. So talk of a police state is complete guff. :lol:
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Also not had form checked in the last 9-10 months.
Latest Form B has many changes - not just Section 9 that has gone but the wording is different in some of the other sections.
Rarely leave the apartment once in every 3 days but it is a bonus being allowed to go for a walk within 500 meters of my home without needing permission especially as I am not allowed to sit outside in the communal garden/area of the apartment block due to Covid restrictions.
Prefer to use the form as at least I don't ever have to worry that an SMS request may not be approved because in most instances we both have to go out at the same time.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

This morning I had to take my car to the garage for a problem. There was nowhere on the form to put this. So I just added it. As is usual these days there were no police in evidence. I guess they have better things to do.
Maybe they need to put in a presence near churches to check on the faithful.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Kili01 - If it is similar to last year or when the traffic police are in town they don't stay in any one location for long, so they are probably out there, just not at the time you may be passing by.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm This morning I had to take my car to the garage for a problem. There was nowhere on the form to put this. So I just added it. As is usual these days there were no police in evidence. I guess they have better things to do.
Dee
You even contradict yourself. A few posts ago you said that this feels like a police state. Now you say "As is usual these days there were no police in evidence".

So, what does actually constitute this feeling of being in a police state, if not the presence of the police?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm This morning I had to take my car to the garage for a problem. There was nowhere on the form to put this. So I just added it. As is usual these days there were no police in evidence. I guess they have better things to do.
Dee
You keep banging on about Police and checking on Churches, what in your view is so important, that you want police checking people going to Church? That is what usually happens in Police states, ooops :lol:
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Sunday morning police were checking permissions on the sea front road by Harbour Cafe. I was stopped, asked to see SMS told the officer It was a paper form went to get it out of my bag and was just waved on . Seemed to be checking every third or fourth vehicle causing tailbacks right up to the Annabel hotel.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Lincoln wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 am I continue to use the old form. Once they have made up their minds with all the alterations I will then produce a new form
Still waiting with baited breath Lincoln,any signs of a new B form yet :?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Really the tailback shouldn't matter. It is good that they are checking people.. It acts as a deterrent to people breaking the rules.
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Maybe I'm being a bit dense🤔
But why not just say you are allowed out once a day for a " reasonable" time?.....
All this faffing about with different categories....can't really believe they would fine you for choosing the wrong option....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

To me that would make good sense..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »