Home deliveries

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

Home deliveries

Post by aphrodite »

Can anyone please advise me of any couriers of parcels generated in the UK that can be delivered to Kamares and not just delivered to PO or courier office for collection? A couple of older and disabled neighbours have asked me this question.

Thank you for any help.

Aphrodite X
Uncle D

Re: Home deliveries

Post by Uncle D »

I only know that UPS delivered to our address in Tala, and now up here in Lasa
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

We use https://www.eshopwedrop.com.cy/en for delivery of purchases from places such as Amazon U.K. and Amazon de. You can nominate a collection point or request delivery to a home address for a small extra fee - we’ve always collected from Kronos Express in Paphos, down the road from Wellgoods and the Fruit Market, so I can’t vouch for the home delivery but I have seen the van in Polemi a few times.

The registration process to open an account is a bit long winded by the service thereafter is very slick.

Ian
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you both for taking the time to reply, very helpful 👍
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

DHL deliver to your door. You see their courier around Kamares most days.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

DavidatLWH wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm DHL deliver to your door. You see their courier around Kamares most days.
Have you personally had a delivery in Kamares from DHL?
I have bought a few items in Cyprus and the companies used ACS, they are the agents for DHL also. I was told by them that a delivery to my address would cost more, I cant remember how much more but it was cheaper for me to do a 40km round trip to pick it up from their office.
I am guessing that this would also be the case for a parcel from another country.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Uncle D wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:06 pm
DavidatLWH wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm DHL deliver to your door. You see their courier around Kamares most days.
Have you personally had a delivery in Kamares from DHL?
Yes, I have had two deliveries earlier this year and have another scheduled for tomorrow. I can't recall what the cost for tomorrow's delivery is but the two earlier ones were about €15 each. DHL Express, by the way.

In all of the three, delivery to my home was the only option.