Parked car with driver inside falls in sea waters after brake was not pulled (PHOTOS)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Parked car with driver inside falls in sea waters after brake was not pulled (PHOTOS)

Post by Paphos Life »

A car parked by the sea in Peyia area and whose driver forgot to pull its brake early on Sunday ended up falling in the water with him inside.The driver, a permanent resident of Paphos, was pulled out of the water with no injuries.The freak accident took place near Edro III shipwreck located a few kilometres away Peyia's Sea Caves area....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Parked car with driver inside falls in sea waters after brake was not pulled (PHOTOS)

Post by Dominic »

We arrived at Oniro's just as the car was being towed away. I have some great drone footage of the wreck but imagine what it would have looked like had I filmed a car gently rolling into the sea...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cheshire Lad

Re: Parked car with driver inside falls in sea waters after brake was not pulled (PHOTOS)

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Brings a whole new meaning to Dipping your Headlights......or...

There’s a bit of water in the Carburettor

CL
WHL

Post by WHL »

One way to get a free car wash :shock:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

As he has cost the authorities more than a pretty penny to extract his wet vehicle from the sea AND he has shown his incompetence as a driver by not setting his brake in time, maybe he can return the money in the form of a fine and show the world what a driver should not do, by serving a couple of years in clink? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :geek:
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:03 pm As he has cost the authorities more than a pretty penny to extract his wet vehicle from the sea AND he has shown his incompetence as a driver by not setting his brake in time, maybe he can return the money in the form of a fine and show the world what a driver should not do, by serving a couple of years in clink? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :geek:
The costs involved will be covered by the vehicle owners insurance company.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Devil wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:03 pm by serving a couple of years in clink?

Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Your daughter was fortunate that there was a suitable tree to stop her car. I have seen cars with one or more wheels in one of the many deep storm drains... or even rolling over the edge on one of the slopes there! Kamares roads need to be treated with respect!
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well if you're going to make a decision to not treat the handbrake with the importance it deserves, at least leave the car in gear.
Pure stupidity. It should be second nature, just like putting your seatbelt on.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
JimX

Post by JimX »

If the car had been an automatic then it would or should been in park, then this should not have happened, unless he had a death wish..
Last edited by JimX on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If he had a deathwish I am sure he would have picked a bigger cliff than that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 am Well if you're going to make a decision to not treat the handbrake with the importance it deserves, at least leave the car in gear.
Pure stupidity. It should be second nature, just like putting your seatbelt on.
And you are perfect I take it? you have never had a lapse or forgotton to do something, you have never switched off for a few seconds etc etc etc. :roll:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It rather tickles me that when I make a rather sarcastic comment followed by four emoticons and so many people on this forum take me seriously. Get a life, my friends!
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:38 pm It rather tickles me that when I make a rather sarcastic comment followed by four emoticons and so many people on this forum take me seriously. Get a life, my friends!

I think that you should be more worried that few on the forum take you seriously! :D :mrgreen:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

In an automatic. If in drive and engine is off it cannot move. If in neutral yes it can be moved.
All things are possible
daveg

Post by daveg »

My modern , auto puts the auto handbrake on as soon as you turn the engine off , or you can flick a switch and hand brake is applied.
It also holds the car stationary when on a slight incline...