Visiting malls

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Visiting malls

Post by WHL »

Someone told my wife in the hairdressers today, that if you want to visit a shopping mall, from next week, you must be in possession of a negative covid test, just like you need to go to work, might be a load of #×&%× but has anyone any info on this , cheers.
The Aquila

Re: Visiting malls

Post by The Aquila »

Not heard that one but perhaps it’s got mixed up with staff having to be tested?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

If you are referring to golf, it is the case, golfers will need to have negative test and sign a track and trace register before play.
see
https://www.cgf.org.cy
for details.
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

Retail shops are reported to be opening with large discounts on goods so, much as I like getting a bargain, I will be keeping well away from them for a while yet

Golfers do need tests, my OH got one this morning to play next week, not heard about tests for shops though.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lazydaze52 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm Retail shops are reported to be opening with large discounts on goods so, much as I like getting a bargain, I will be keeping well away from them for a while yet

Golfers do need tests, my OH got one this morning to play next week, not heard about tests for shops though.
Not for shops, this was supposedly for malls
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Nothing has been publicised about any need for the public to get a rapid antigen test. The Govt emphasis is on all those employees who will be returning to work tomorrow (8 Feb).
Has your wife got hold of a rumour, which may or may not be true?
Personally, I will steer clear of the Mall for a while, the thought of a possible bargain to me is not worth the risk of being caught up with lots of people who aren't socially distancing.
The other place where there will probably be crowds tomorrow is at Lidl. That is around the bins holding their special offers.....
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:01 pm Nothing has been publicised about any need for the public to get a rapid antigen test. The Govt emphasis is on all those employees who will be returning to work tomorrow (8 Feb).
Has your wife got hold of a rumour, which may or may not be true?
Personally, I will steer clear of the Mall for a while, the thought of a possible bargain to me is not worth the risk of being caught up with lots of people who aren't socially distancing.
The other place where there will probably be crowds tomorrow is at Lidl. That is around the bins holding their special offers.....
Dee
As I said It might be a rumour,
that's why I asked the question on the forum
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Speculation in the local press last week that the resignation of one of the government’s top scientific advisors for “ workload” issues was in fact the reopening of malls . I have to say it is weird idea that with all the scientific data that has been gathered in the last year showing being inside buildings with others is the fastest way for transmission why are we opening the malls and allowing 50 into Churches but only two people can meet outside. That rule was obviously bought in to stop youngsters gathering on the streets as was the curfew but the place they love to really meet in winter is the mall .
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Yes correct a valid Rapid Antigen test is required to play golf. You need to present this at the reception and sign a track and trace form. Some clubs are requesting temperature be checked also. Masks to be worn until actually playing and again when the round is completed. Hand sanitizer to be used frequently No rakes in bunkers flags not to be removed . no take away food or drink at the halfway house( though I beleive there is at one of the courses)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Like 'mouse' I cannot understand how all these places can open with minimum safeguards >>'Schools, the retail sector as well theatres, cinemas and museums reopened on Monday following a three-week blanket lockdown.'
But if you are out in the open on a golf course you have to have a covid free certificate ??
Last edited by trevnhil on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

This idea that only 2 people can meet outside in the open air seems even more dotty now, when the Mall is open, plus cinemas and other indoor places like museums and schools which are all indoor venues..
There are many of us who belong to walking groups who can easily distance themselves in the great outdoors and who are stymied by this strange logic by whoever is in charge of issuing these edicts!
Yet I can now invite 4 guests to my home, irrespective of the size of the rooms..
Doh!
Dee