A little Easter Blog

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

A little Easter Blog

Post by Dominic »

We were out doing our Annual Easter Egg Hunt this morning. It took us down through the Esouza Valley, and finally to the sea. I won't be doing a blog article on the final part of this journey, as it isn't in the same league as the two sections I have previously blogged about. However, we did stumble across this shrine. At first glance, I took it as a typical shrine you see fairly frequently in Cyprus. However, a second glance revealed it to be rather unusual...

Read the article and enjoy the rest of Easter!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
aphrodite

Re: A little Easter Blog

Post by aphrodite »

How sweet, thank you!
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

I agree with Aphrodite it is very sweet and also thought provoking. Thank you so much for sharing.

Rita
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

If the shrine was at a Yeroskipou beach it has something to do with the heartbreaking murder of Julia Oborok and her 3 year old daughter Victoria in 2012 on the beach.

https://issuu.com/cyprusmailnewspaper/docs/2012_nov_1/3
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What a sad, sad story that was.

They are obviously still missed...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Thank you for that sad and poignant blog, Dominic... Am I correct in thinking that this location can easily be reached in a normal car, by following the coastal road past Riccos Beach towards PFO, then, when the track reaches the Esouza river bed, turns left (inland)? Is the shrine situated on that corner?

Thanks also to Max, for solving the mystery of who the shrine is in memory of... The murderer that tragic day actually killed three innocent people. He shot 24 year old Moldovan-born Julia, then strangled her little 3 year old daughter Victoria and threw her body into the sea. Plus, Julia was pregnant at the time... :cry:

Whoever created and still maintains this shrine, God Bless them! I wonder if Mother and Daughter are buried in a 'proper' Cemetery in Paphos or Geroskipou, and if their grave is regularly maintained with fresh flowers and new toys, too?

AL :?:
Gone but not forgotten...