Food banks in Paphos/

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Food banks in Paphos/

Post by Chaddy »

A friend of ours tells me his next door but one neighbour when he got home the other day found he had been burgled.The only thing that they stole was food.Nothing else.The fridge freezer was absolutely empty.He said if they where genuinly in need of food he would have give them some.
Are there any food banks here in Paphos.
darrow

Re: Food banks in Paphos/

Post by darrow »

Caritas feed the poor. Also the Anglican church help local people. There are several restaurants offering free meals to the needy. I don't know if the Greek orthodox church do something similar. The church of christian fellowship international on Adanantiou korai were doing free meals too. People don't know and don't know who to approach. Sad that they feel forced to take from others.
staffie

Post by staffie »

also I find that a large number of cypriates are very bitter about the huge amount of noisey migrants that reside at the galatia court at the rear of paphos police station get free accommodation water electricity free wifi, food deliveries by certain symaritans, smoke, drink, drug deliveries in cars when dark with lights off, and all go off walking, or on cycles in the day returning with bags and even drinks, I watch one day with a cypriate friend a certain migrant received food from a lady in a car, then he returned an consumed a bottle of wine on balcony.
staffie

Post by staffie »

another 55 migrants arrived today off cape greko supposely from Syria, I feel for cyprets as the way things are going there will be more migrants in cyprus than there own people, as I mentioned in previous post things here get out of hand, wait till they're in your back garden.

comment from the cyprus mail.

What is it with CM? They are illegal immigrants NOT irregular immigrants! Out of these there were 36 men,probably with no papers or passports but they probably all had a mobile phone. Send them back now! or Cyprus will end up like the UK.
WHL

Post by WHL »

darrow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:25 pm Caritas feed the poor. Also the Anglican church help local people. There are several restaurants offering free meals to the needy. I don't know if the Greek orthodox church do something similar. The church of christian fellowship international on Adanantiou korai were doing free meals too. People don't know and don't know who to approach. Sad that they feel forced to take from others.
As mentioned before the Orthodox Church does indeed provide free food, our next door neighbor does voluntary work, preparing and serving the food, and when they are short staffed my wife goes with her and lends a hand.
staffie

Post by staffie »

I was not referring them to animals, in your back garden is a phrase meaning, not near me thank you, but as these people are a guest while they are being processed, most have been here since October 2019 they should at least respect the residents in the residential area, many cypriates we know are utterly discussed with the situation.
oh an by the way, we migrated here the legal Way like most honest people do.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I'm not even going to bother replying to Staffie directly. However I will share some pictures I took a few months ago for Caritas. This is the kind of squalor a typical refugee has to put up with. They do so because it was a lot better than the life they fled.

Think about that, before you compare these people to animals in your back garden.

These shots were taken from a building in Paphos that consists of several rooms housing various families. They all shared a kitchen and a shower / toilet.

01.jpg
01.jpg (107.04 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

02.jpg
02.jpg (121.3 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

03-small.jpg
03-small.jpg (223.28 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

04.jpg
04.jpg (130.11 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

05.jpg
05.jpg (120.9 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

06-small2.jpg
06-small2.jpg (148.11 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

And no, there was no wifi.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
RobinPalms

Post by RobinPalms »

Robin's kitchen in Paphos Town is feeding people in need.
We focus our efforts in feeding people with less mobility like elderly and disabled, but we also feed refugees and poor people.
We are based at Ayiou Ioannou Chrysostomou 18 - 8021 Paphos and our phone number is 26001700.

We self-finance by selling meals for take away, Italian cuisine, Lasagne Bolognese and Tiramisú is all we do.. the best in all of Cyprus!
:D
Attachments
Team-1-veryL-small.jpg
Team-1-veryL-small.jpg (41.95 KiB) Viewed 3226 times
WHL

Post by WHL »

Also a mention to all the business people who donate large amounts of stock to help feed people, I know that in the Larnaca district, well know bakery store chains, Green grocers, and supermarkets donate large amounts of food to help others.

PS These donations by the stores are separate to the cages provided, for the public to donate.
Last edited by WHL on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Papantoniou supermarkets used to have a large metal container near the exit where people could place donated items and they were duly distributed. Can also remember seeing a separate one for the Animal Welfare Charity but these were removed when the stores were upgraded. A shame as it was a popular and effective method.

I think it was members of the Rotary Club that were outside the main store in town one day just before Christmas asking people to donate as they entered the supermarket and there was a table outside the exit which rapidly filled with donated items.

Chalkies Bar in Coral Bay and RSS Logistics in Peyia are two places that advertise for donated items on FB and have a great distribution network.
staffie

Post by staffie »

quote from Cyprus mail today.

We have families who go days without eating. Children starving, babies without nappies and people living on the beach. This needs to be addressed urgently by the government, as the situation is only going to get worse,”

no I'm not ashamed of myself, I'm ashamed of the way genuine cypriates get treated, migrants I speak to seem to have posh clothes, top range gadgets, but live, the ones I spoken to in nice holiday hotel since October 2019.
people have got the wrong impression, nothing against migrants.
staffie

Post by staffie »

Termites Dream,
Ok you have retreated from the overwhelming surge, so no basis in fact. .........Goodnight.
[/quote]
-------------
55 Monday 4/1/21 syrian
26 Wednesday 6/1/21 Syrian
19 Monday 11/1/21 syrian

just a few then, other things to do than waste time.