Vehicle hits worker in highway

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Vehicle hits worker in highway

Post by Paphos Life »

A serious accident involving a pedestrian occurred today in the Limassol-Paphos highway after Pissouri.According to first information, a worker who was carrying out work on the highway was hit by a van under conditions that are being investigated.An ambulance took the worker and transferred him to hospital....

Read the article and chat about it below...
galexinda

Re: Vehicle hits worker in highway

Post by galexinda »

A 33-year-old father of three was killed on Tuesday in a crash on the Limassol to Paphos motorway near Pissouri.

The incident took place at 10.45am. The man, a Moldavian national, was part of a crew tasked with cleaning the left shoulder of the road.

He was sitting between a warning light and the truck towing it, when they were rammed by a van.

The 33-year-old was wedged between the trailer carrying lights and the tow truck.

Police arrested the 44-year-old driver of the van.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/08/part ... -accident/
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tragic, family robbed of their father
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

mouse wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 pm I assume it was as normal, road works signs say 50, traffic slows from 140 to 135 , tailgaters and harrases anyone who dares slow down more than that. Not accident ! Deliberate !
Motorway traffic tends to max out at 120, so you need to get your speedo checked.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

mouse wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 pm I assume it was as normal, road works signs say 50, traffic slows from 140 to 135 , tailgaters and harrases anyone who dares slow down more than that. Not accident ! Deliberate !
Absolute nonsense!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Absolute B******X
lotus

Post by lotus »

Well said Mouse,I have driven on the highway hundreds of times to Nicosia from Paphos and any roadworks or especially when they cone off one lane for central reservation work,most people don't slow down,sooo many times those poor bloody workers have vehicles inches away from them doing stupid speeds,it's the same in the tunnel many people drive so fast through there
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

mouse wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:09 am Getting my Speedo checked won't bring back the husband / father to that family. Where a less self centred / impatient attitude approach to driving may have saved his life.i can only comment on what I have seen on the Cyprus motorways.
How do you know the driver was speeding, you're only surmising he was? Could have been caused by a number of things, distracted, puncture, mechanical failure etc. I believe the article said the Police were investigating so we shall have to wait on the outcome.
Jim