Affidavit query?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Affidavit query?

Post by MacManiac »

We need to have an affidavit stamped so that we can exchange our UK driving licences for Cypriot ones, as all the bills we have are in my name - and not my wife’s. I have been told we need to go to the Paphos District Court for this to happen. In the UK we would have gone to a Commissioner of Oaths (most lawyers). Is there any way we can avoid yet another trip to Paphos?
Sadie

Re: Affidavit query?

Post by Sadie »

MacManiac wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:51 pm We need to have an affidavit stamped so that we can exchange our UK driving licences for Cypriot ones, as all the bills we have are in my name - and not my wife’s. I have been told we need to go to the Paphos District Court for this to happen. In the UK we would have gone to a Commissioner of Oaths (most lawyers). Is there any way we can avoid yet another trip to Paphos?
It isn’t as daunting as it sounds relatively simple, there’s also plenty of parking, my mum is disabled and we needed to park really near, the security guards were really helpful
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I understood that it is only possible to exchange UK licence for a Cypriot licence at the Ministry of Transport Office on Mesogi Avenue in Paphos.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

galexinda wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm I understood that it is only possible to exchange UK licence for a Cypriot licence at the Ministry of Transport Office on Mesogi Avenue in Paphos.
I think the OP needs proof as to his wife’s residency, hence the need to get an affidavit
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Sadie wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:19 pm
galexinda wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm I understood that it is only possible to exchange UK licence for a Cypriot licence at the Ministry of Transport Office on Mesogi Avenue in Paphos.
I think the OP needs proof as to his wife’s residency, hence the need to get an affidavit
Yes, the stupid thing is all our bills are in my name. But many thanks for all the advice.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

MacManiac wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:36 pm
Sadie wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:19 pm
Yes, the stupid thing is all our bills are in my name. But many thanks for all the advice.
Yeah, it’s the same for me and hubster, luckily I was registered with social insurance and had wage slips from work,

They like you to jump thru lots of hoops 🥴
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

So are ours when we exchanged licences, but they accepted them and did not need an affidavit for ours to be issued.
Peatsie

Post by Peatsie »

When we changed from our UK licences to Cypriot as all our bills were in my name we had to produce our marriage certificate, which was apostilised previously to get our MEU3.
Peatsie.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Just back from Paphos ... we found the court building and I dropped Ann off and went to park. At the door to the main building a very helpful man directed Ann to the correct room to buy a €4 stamp. She then came out of the main doors and turned right where there were two windows. At one of them a rather helpful lady sorted out the affidavit. All done and dusted in five minutes.

Parking, as mentioned above, is on rough ground just beyond the court. A man collected €2 and gave me a ticket to park.

Thanks to all for your advice.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Cracking outcome to this post Mac. This is what I found so helpful when I lived in Cyprus.

People with experience . . . .giving helpful and informative advice on a well balanced forum. 😁

This particular forum seems to do the job in bucketloads.

However, I wish 'the PIT' was more lively. Guaranteed Craic. 🤣

Maggie B