Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Post by WHL »

PhotoLady

Re: Post

Post by PhotoLady »

So, don't be holding your breath for Christmas post and parcels by the sounds of it...

One country confused me though in that list of 22 countries that Cyprus can no longer send post to - not sending mail from Cyprus to Malta but still sending to UAE.
Does the Emirates flight still operate between DXB/LCA/MLA and vice versa? It was the way we used to take our Malta holidays when we lived in Limassol.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Ams

Post by Ams »

PhotoLady wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm Does the Emirates flight still operate between DXB/LCA/MLA and vice versa? It was the way we used to take our Malta holidays when we lived in Limassol.
I don't know about DBX/LCA but they never resumed the Malta flight after flights stopped in March. They had planned to start at the beginning of August but didn't, then when Cyprus moved Malta to Category C no-one was flying between the 2 countries anyway. You've only been able to get to Malta on connecting flights since March.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Thanks Ams, that explains why no post to Malta then....

The list of countries where post can no longer be distributed is pretty impressive and there will be a lot of disappointed people I expect:
The Cyprus Post on Wednesday issued a list of 22 countries to which it will stop sending postal items due to the inability to find air carriers, effective immediately.

On Tuesday the Cyprus Post warned there would be delays in incoming and outgoing mail due to the reduction in flights as a result of coronavirus restrictions.

It said it would do its best to make every effort to process Christmas mail.

The countries are:
Argentina
Belgium
Bosnia
Bulgaria
Estonia
Croatia
Belarus
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Mexico
Moldova
Norway
Hungary
Ukraine
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Finland
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

On a positive note I received a Royal Mail parcel this afternoon that had been posted in the UK at the end of October
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Lazydaze- me too! Must have been on the same flight!! 😄😄
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We're waiting for a package coming to us from Cyprus Post here in UK. It should have been dispatched at the very latest earlier this week.
As yet, we're still waiting for the tracking number to be sent to us.
I'm guessing that's also in the mail.
Our experience so far this year has been between 3 - 4 weeks to receive it from Nicosia.