Next stage of GESY?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
DocDoc

Next stage of GESY?

Post by DocDoc »

Have the Health Ministry given a definite date for the final stage of GESY? For example, dentists. The Providers list on the GESY Website has none listed, albeit the category is there!
It's Back to the Future folks ;)
DocDoc

Re: Next stage of GESY?

Post by DocDoc »

Email received:-

Dear Sir/Madame,

We would like to inform you that the date of registration and initiation of health care providers by Dentist will be announced at a later stage by the Health Insurance Agency. You can follow the website of the GHS for future announcements.

Thank you for contacting us, we remain at your disposal.

GHS Contact Centre
Health Insurance Organisation

Tel: 17000, calling from abroad: +357-22017000
Email: info@gesy.org.cy
Beneficiary & Provider Portals: Queries and Complaints Section
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive heard when they join GESY, the dentist will provide one check up/clean a year, anything else will have to be paid for.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Why say 'I've heard'??This is how rumours start.
Just be patient - the government have done brilliantly in launching GESY - despite the gloom merchants saying it could never be done. Even if it does turn out to be only one check up and clean per year it is better than nothing. 😀😀
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Our dentist doesn't charge for a check up, descale/polish is 20 euros and so are replacement fillings.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lucky Lady wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:46 am Why say 'I've heard'??This is how rumours start.
Just be patient - the government have done brilliantly in launching GESY - despite the gloom merchants saying it could never be done. Even if it does turn out to be only one check up and clean per year it is better than nothing. 😀😀
Calm down for goodness sake, I was just saying what my Dentist thought might be the plan, no one said the government hasnt done a great job :roll:
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

I was and still am very calm. 😀😀
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

''Dentists want a better deal with the health insurance organisation (HIO) on the only service they will be providing as part of Gesy and have suggested possibly entering the system later than the October 19 scheduled date, their association said on Thursday.

The association met with the House health committee to explore the possibility of getting a better deal from the HIO on teeth cleaning, the only service Gesy will be providing once a year'''.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/09/18/dent ... e-service/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I wonder if my dentist will want to join Gesy? A glance across her receptionists desk, shows that she is apparently fully booked for months ahead.. Her charges are very reasonable too.
I suppose she would want a very good deal to consider it.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I suppose the 'deal' is between the dentists and the government .. You are probably referring to Dr Lenia with the full appointment book. Who simply does not charge for checkups...
For that particular practice it will certainly be a BIG leap for everything to be on a computer and it all go through the Gesy system
Trev..
DocDoc

Post by DocDoc »

Rang yesterday and have appointment Thursday.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 am Where significant savings will come about with Dr Lenia is is more expensive treatments such as caps or implants are covered by GESY.
Maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the expensive treatments were NOT covered by Gesy ???
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:25 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 am Where significant savings will come about with Dr Lenia is is more expensive treatments such as caps or implants are covered by GESY.
Maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the expensive treatments were NOT covered by Gesy ???
You are correct
DocDoc

Post by DocDoc »

CM reported yesterday that applications are now being invited from Dentists an Occupational Therapists who would like to participate in GESY.