New Radio Station

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cashew

New Radio Station

Post by cashew »

Tuning around my car radio whilst waiting in the supermarket car park, I discovered a station giving out English new. It was VivaFM on 103.4 MHz and as I listened on, I was impressed by the music and the small number of adverts. There was also not the incessant chatter found on the other English station. I am sure other members of the forum have already known about this station but I found it very refreshing - but, of course, each to his (or her) own!!!
The Aquila

Re: New Radio Station

Post by The Aquila »

It’s run by Dave Asher who was a presenter on the now defunct Sunshine radio.

I have listened to it briefly and seems to be ok.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

All new radio stations start up with very little advertising, but as the station grows, so will the advertising (usually). It costs money to run a station and adverts help pay the bills.
J B

Post by J B »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:39 am ............. and adverts help pay the bills.
I would guess they pay all the bills, rather than just help .... or do they get income from elsewhere? :?
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Far too many people seem to think that radio stations and ace websites run on thin air. Advertising is an essential part of media businesses. The piper needs to be paid, and all that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

J B wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:35 pm
mike strand2 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:39 am ............. and adverts help pay the bills.
I would guess they pay all the bills, rather than just help .... or do they get income from elsewhere? :?
Not necessarily! If the station is being sponsored by a wealthy oligarch, he'll be investing to either take the future profits; use it for propaganda; launder a few euros, etc