Coronavirus: TUI cancels all holidays to Cyprus until August 23

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Coronavirus: TUI cancels all holidays to Cyprus until August 23

Post by Firefly »

I'm still hoping to fly out early September, having arranged for my pre flight test and all the paperwork required. Fingers crossed I don't have my flight cancelled, as it will mean a lot of money down the pan.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Diocletian

Re: Coronavirus: TUI cancels all holidays to Cyprus until August 23

Post by Diocletian »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:13 pm The BBC News today. UK has now done it again! Less than 24 hrs notice given to holidaying Brits in France, Holland, Belgium and Malta. The number of Covid cases in all these countries has now risen substantially, so anyone not back in the UK by 4 am tomorrow, will have to go into 14day isolation on their return to UK. Which is bad news for those who have to go back to work.

So, it seems that countries that let Brits in untested end up,with a problem with a return of the virus, while those who may have added to this, are told to go back home poste haste by their government.

Will this happen to Cyprus too?

Dee
I assume that you are incorrectly suggesting that " contagious" Brits have led to the increase in cases in France etc. That is patently nonsense. Yesterday the rate in France had risen to 41.6 per 100,000 whilst in the UK it is 17.1 per 100,000. The rise in continental rates is more than like ly to be due to local transmission and clusters of cases as with the idiot woman that came back to Cyprus.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.