mag 4 series

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
stroumbipete

mag 4 series

Post by stroumbipete »

this may be of interest to viewers using mag boxes,I started with the 254 then the 256 and last year the 322, not a lot of difference between them, I bought a new 4K tv and unfortunately you can still only watch in 1080hd, and no true surround sound, I looked at android system particularly the Z8 which has 4K and surround,but still prefer the infomir mag, I then looked at their latest series 4, the 420 is the basic, the 420w with wifi and the one I bought the 424w3, all have 4K,this one has larger memory and flash drive!don't know what that is! ,cost from amazon £90, the difference in picture quality is apparent immediately much more detail and clarity,well worth getting,I haven't connected the dolby 5.2 surround system yet (sony) but I expect it to work well,some iptv providers don't support this series so worth checking, I am with worldwideiptv.ru which does, cheers
holitec

Re: mag 4 series

Post by holitec »

I have a 420 series and it is a marked improvement on the previous models, we have them in stock.

If you have an old 250/254 well worth the upgrade. We are an agent for worldwideiptv.ru as well, but our providers do support the 420 series.

Digby
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

My understanding is that there are very few 4K transmissions at present.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes make sure your new IPTV unit supports your providers output, I bought the latest series some time back and my usual supplier could not load the software, so I had to buy one that did, personally I see little change in any MAG unit, they all work the same on my systems.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Looking around the web it appears a few people are having problems with new model mag boxes .

I always stay away from new tec and upgrades until they have been around for a while , let the bugs get ironed out .
Attachments
A22E0CD5-86EE-4F56-AC99-FE777839E934.jpeg
A22E0CD5-86EE-4F56-AC99-FE777839E934.jpeg (80.85 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Does anyone know if the android mag boxes work like the standard mag boxes ?

Can you put a service provider into them or are they like any other android set top box ?
JimX

Post by JimX »

They don't...not sure you can add a new server either.
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Our OLD mag box 254, is working perfectly and always has done. If it aint broke why fix it.
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

I did the same with one of my MAGs Lloyd but can honestly say I noticed no change at all, not fast, picture quality was just as good, difficult to see any real changes if you cannot compare with your old unit, but very happy with my older MAG322, and an older MAG254, cannot see any difference or in the pictures, both are excellent. :D

Just one point I already mentioned if you do go for another newer unit make sure it can be loaded with your suppliers software, don't make the same mistake as I did.

But do not expect a better output.
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I have a 254 and a 354 and like Jim I can't tell the difference.

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

If the supplier provides only standard density programs, no amount of high density capability will improve your picture. To see HD, you must have HD loading, as well as the capability. You can have a 4 GB capability but see only SD, if that is what your supplier offers. Furthermore, many with older TVs, esp. <42" screen, may not see any difference between HD and SD. Also remember that HD uses up more bandwidth that your system may not be able to cope width, especially if you use WiFi from router to STB (good quality cable every time).
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

My trusty Magbox 250 is going well and not had any problems with buffering or picture or sound quality over the years. Only last year I found out it was better to keep it turned on at the wall socket as I was turning it off each time it wasn't being used.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I am also on a mag250 , working perfect . But would like to retire it off as a spare .

I would like to go for the mag424 but have read a few comments that say people are have problems finding a service that works with it . So will probably go for a mag324 .
JimX

Post by JimX »

Just Jim Lloyd...I have never had the problem you say, so never had the need to change because of problems, of course all electronics can fail.

Blobs as some have said, be careful and contact your supplier to find out if your new unit will load their software.

Regarding hard wired certainly the way you should connect.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Fair enough Lloyd, but my post had my pooch on it.. :D
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

When a new magbox doesn’t work , could the problem be with the provider ?

I found this interesting note . “ This message can be misleading for IPTV/OTT operators and users alike. It’s not the set-top box that causes this problem, but the operator’s outdated middleware. Operators can fix this problem with a patch that is available on the official Infomir Documentation page (wiki.Infomir.eu)”
Attachments
56E1AB57-D244-4E1C-BE39-9E81974B4657.jpeg
56E1AB57-D244-4E1C-BE39-9E81974B4657.jpeg (60.51 KiB) Viewed 1602 times