Electric cars not very green

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Electric cars not very green

Post by Uncle D »

Watch this well respected author's opinions on electric cars
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
trevnhil

Re: Electric cars not very green

Post by trevnhil »

Oh my God, you have popped your head over the parapet now ;-)
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Not well respected AT ALL. A crank!
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

A lot of what he says on this video is fairly well known, some stuff I didn't know about. He has written over 100 books some of them very successful and one made into a film. From what I can see he has a lot of letters after his name more than you me or anyone on this forum, so coming from someone who complains about spelling mistakes, please give me evidence of why you say that he is a crank?
David
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Uncle D wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:02 pm A lot of what he says on this video is fairly well known, some stuff I didn't know about. He has written over 100 books some of them very successful and one made into a film. From what I can see he has a lot of letters after his name more than you me or anyone on this forum, so coming from someone who complains about spelling mistakes, please give me evidence of why you say that he is a crank?
Just put his name into Google and read David.

Also look back on this Forum about how he was ridiculed about his claims re coronavirus.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

http://bnellis.eu/global/gleleccar.html

This 2010-2016 post tells all
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:52 am
mike strand2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 amAlso look back on this Forum about how he was ridiculed about his claims re coronavirus.
Link please.
Just put 'Coleman' into the Forum search
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 am
Uncle D wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:02 pm A lot of what he says on this video is fairly well known, some stuff I didn't know about. He has written over 100 books some of them very successful and one made into a film. From what I can see he has a lot of letters after his name more than you me or anyone on this forum, so coming from someone who complains about spelling mistakes, please give me evidence of why you say that he is a crank?

Also look back on this Forum about how he was ridiculed about his claims re coronavirus.
Mike I asked for evidence from yourself, I am not going do research to prove your point for you.
David
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

mouse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm A multi faceted problem.
My quote above handles some of the facets but other pages on the same web discusses many energy and environment issues including the energy supply. Please just remember that these 300-odd pages were largely written over 4-5 years ago.
josef k

Post by josef k »

He used to be the Medical Doctor in the People Newspaper.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Uncle D wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am
mike strand2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 am

Mike I asked for evidence from yourself, I am not going do research to prove your point for you.
Why should I be your secretary. In any case you contributed to the post, so use your own memory!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Children!
robf

Post by robf »

Its a bit like the old "smoking isnt really bad for you brigade", You can never convince everyone, and there really is no point in trying.

https://undecidedmf.com/episodes/2019/1 ... s-vs-facts

I would say that in Cyprus you need to be assured that there is suitable maintenance available, and that you use solar to charge your vehicle. Far from being a problem on electricity loads, they will soon be giving you money to keep your ev connected to the grid and pay you if the grid needs extra oomph.
I bought my second hand Zoe for £6000.

Robert