Special Hours for Supermarkets and Pharmacies

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Special Hours for Supermarkets and Pharmacies

Post by trevnhil »

Starting tomorrow older people, disabled and those at risk will have early shopping to themselves..

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-speci ... ulnerable/
Trev..
galexinda

Re: Special Hours for Supermarkets and Pharmacies

Post by galexinda »

Here is a list of vulnerable groups that can shop in supermarkets and pharmacies from the time of their opening until 10 am

coronavirus, people in these categories are excluded from the workplace.

1. Everyone aged over 60.

2. Adults who have one or more of the chronic conditions below:

Chronic conditions of the respiratory system (all must be taking medicine daily)
Chronic heart condition
Diabetes
Chronic last stage renal condition (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis)
Chronic liver condition (Child Pugh score B ή C),
Chronic neurological or neuromuscular diseases
Sickle cell anaemia and other hemoglopathies
Immunosupression (hereditary or acquired)
Malignancy of blood or organ
Transplantees
Pregnant women irrespective of stage of pregnancy, women who are breastfeeding
The announcement said that list may be amended depending on the developments of the epidemic.

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-vulne ... workplace/
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

A further development to help us stay at home, a number of Pafos supermarkets are taking phone and email orders.

See CM today https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/21/coro ... ry-spikes/
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 am
Sometimes - not often - advantages do come with advancing years ;)
Most definitely so in the UK; not so often here though!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We went to Lidl this morning but wouldn't let the wife in and asked me to prove I was over sixty 😉 so went on to the new Alpha Mega which was empty. All the shelves were full and free gloves and sanitizer.

Jim
memory man

Post by memory man »

Coronavirus: MoH clarifications on special shopping hours for vulnerable

The Health Ministry late on Saturday issued clarifications regarding a new decree that came into force this morning requiring supermarkets and pharmacies to cater only for vulnerable groups from 7 am to 10 am.

Under the decree adopted yesterday and applicable from today, supermarkets and pharmacies can only allow three groups of clients to shop between 7 am and 10 am — those belonging to vulnerable groups (as defined on March 16), those aged 60 and over and the disabled.

The aim is to protect those most vulnerable to the virus from being exposed to large groups of people and also allow them to shop with less pressure. Rules are also in place which prohibit indoor gatherings of more than 75 people and limit the number of people indoors to one person per eight square metres.

The ministry said it was issuing clarifications because the decree had not been strictly respected and because issues had arisen as regards those entitled to shop up until 10 am on the first day.

1) People belonging to the groups must be in a position to show an ID/ patient’s card/card of a specific patients’ associations/confirmation/certification of any other proof that demonstrates they belong to a vulnerable group so as to be allowed in

2) Presentation of such confirmation is considered essential based on the decree and the circumstances by authorised individuals and fulfills the principles of the legal processing of personal data.

The ministry said that this arrangement had been decided after consultations with the chief of police, the personal data protection commissioner and the association of supermarkets.

Earlier today, a representative of the supermarkets association said they were complying with the decree but queried whether they could be breaking personal data laws.

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-moh-c ... ulnerable/
kansas

Post by kansas »

Just seen a disturbing story in Cyprus Mail this afternoon. I was aware that supermarkets would only cater for the over 60s and vulnerable groups before 10 am but I wasn't aware (as this article states) that we wouldn't be admitted after 10 am!

I can see the logic in offering protection for those at risk but I cannot see the logic in excluding us for the remaining 9 or so operating hours. We enjoy supermarket shopping around 2 in the afternoon, as most people are at home for lunch. It could be that one Nicosia Lidl manager misunderstood the new law on day one, so I'd be grateful to hear if anyone has had a similar experience, or has shopped successfully after 10 today.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks Les, but it's not always convenient to do so, especially for people who are infirm and may require more time to get ready, or rely on a carer to get them ready.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I am in the latter half of my 80s and, for a number of reasons, cannot get out before 10 or even 11. So, like another member of this forum, I tend to go about 2 o'clock. Nobody has ever commented that this old one is, according to the last comments, breaking the rules and regulations.

Today, I went to our local pharmacy about midday. There was the usual waiting outside (I didn't recognise the person who gives me injections and sucks my blood because she was wearing a hood, large sunglasses and a mask). In this particular case, I couldn't have got the medication before 10 for the simple reason that it was not a stock item and he had to have it delivered.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ve read that Papantinou supermarket are taking phone orders and will deliver to your door, which might be a good option for those who find it harder to get up and out in the morning.

Personally, I think that being able to shop in a civilised way up to 10 in the mornings, is great. The store is quiet and the stock is good. I found it a pleasant experience and was able to get what I needed very easily and check out quickly. And of course it is probably better for you with less chance maybe of getting infected.
LiDL is also very well organised, with someone checking people in and out of the store and again an offering of disposable gloves and hand gel too. The store was quiet at that time, so much quicker and easier to get your shopping done easily and quickly.
Compared with what friends in the UK are reporting about trying to shop in supermarkets where people are fighting over loo rolls for example.. and finding empty shelves, we are really very well treated here. I think.

Dee