Cyta Internet upgrade

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Cyta Internet upgrade

Post by WHL »

MacManiac wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 pm I gather some people have been upgraded and some have not been upgraded YET. Since the upgrading our 20 Mb connection has been so slow ... I suspect that Cyta is “fiddling”.
Why would they be fiddling? Just do a speed test.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

WHL wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:21 pm
MacManiac wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 pm I gather some people have been upgraded and some have not been upgraded YET. Since the upgrading our 20 Mb connection has been so slow ... I suspect that Cyta is “fiddling”.
I do a speed test every day or two, which is how I know my internet speed is all over the place.
WHL

Post by WHL »

MacManiac wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:47 am
I do a speed test every day or two, which is how I know my internet speed is all over the place.
Have you contacted Cyta, to get an answer?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Did a speed test this morning and we have 20 Mbps in Choulou now!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

MacManiac wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:47 am
Could be an item at your end is causing the problem. I had a faulty wifi repeater which would nobble the download speed, believe it or not. It wasn't even a repeater I was using to connect. Even if I used an ethernet cable to connect my pc to the router, the download speed sucked, until I unlplugged the repeater., which was in an outhouse.

What I had to do to find the issue was disconnect EVERYTHING from the router (change its wifi password is the quickest way) and then connect a single PC via ethernet. If, after powering everything down then up again, you still have a crap connection, then it is up to Cyta to fix. If the speed is good, it is something at your end, so start re-introducing items until it tanks.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

We had problems , Cyta came to our house and checked everything up to the box outside, they confirmed the problem was inside the house, and it was up to me to get an electrician to sort it out, they were very good even giving me a number for an electrician, the electrician found a problem with the wiring inside, so as Dominic says, the problem could be inside your house, your first port of call is report it to Cyta.
Mark

Post by Mark »

We Had a 20 Megs connection and noticed no improvement to the 30 Megs , though the 4 meg upload speed had changed.

I called and after a 5 minute wait in the call queue, a very helpful chap within 2 minutes fixed the download, we now consistently achieve 28 Megs plus.

A great service from Cyta
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just called Cyta re the upgrade, as we havant had an email, withing minutes they increased both our home and business internet from 20 to 30, polite guy, service second to none
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I pay for the 10meg and have been getting 20meg since the upgrade .

My upload speed has been 2meg for a long time , this week it has gone up to 5meg ? Does upload speed matter to home users ?