Angiograms

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Angiograms

Post by josef k »

Is anyone waiting for one of these at Limasol General? If so, how long have you been waiting? I have been waiting for some time now (with possible stent or angioplasty) and am getting rather concerned.

Are there any hospitals/clinics in Paphos offering this service? My cardio says I must go to Limasol which I doubt.
galexinda

Re: Angiograms

Post by galexinda »

I don't think they do angiograms at Paphos General Hospital and I have read that Blue Cross Medical Centre has an angiography suite I expect it would be at private fees, but worth a phone call on 26 22 11 11 to find out more information.
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

My friend has just had one. He was told by the cardiologist at the General that only persons admitted to hospital were being given them. He wangled a hospital stay of 4 or 5 days( Don't ask). and he was then transferred to Limassol and had the procedure, transported by ambulance back to Paphos and the discharged. Strange but true.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

America Heart Institute in Nicosia. But it will cost.
Louise :)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, my late husband had an angiogram at the American Heart Hospital. They are of course a private hospital,and are excellent. But are pricey. We had private health insurance which covered it, plus a subsequent heart by -pass operation.

Dee
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

There are no private hospitals in Paphos that do angiograms, stents or heart surgery.
I was told that Limmasol has a few, this is one
https://www.medihospital.com.cy/en/invasive-cardiology
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Posted on Blue Cross Medical Centre FB Page last October:

''At the interventional cardiology center that has operated in the Private Hospital Kyanos Stavros today 30/10/2019 have successfully conducted the first 2 angiographies with great success by Dr. Konstantinos Andreou and his team''.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Thanks folks.