NOW TV boxes

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
geoffreys

Re: NOW TV boxes

Post by geoffreys »

SPAM wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:07 pm Karl-F
Community Manager
Developer mode no longer working
‎14-03-2017 14:30

In the coming days, there will be a few changes to the NOW TV Box as part of our regular updates to improve the service.
The latest update has been designed to safeguard the device from piracy and illegal streaming of content; therefore it will disable the use of unofficial third party software or apps.
This will not affect your ability to watch NOW TV or download supported apps through the Channel Store.

NOW TV Team
How does that "improve the service"??
It is time SKY upgraded the NOW TV Box service to include more SKY channels as well as Ch.4 and Ch.5 live
Geoff.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

SPAM wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:25 am it removes PLEX and other non offical apps which a lot of people used as a back door to watch non-sky content ..
if you buy a full price ROKU you can still use them ,its only on the 10 pound NOW box you cant now
They are £16 each now, and the one with the freeview antenna socket etc about twice that.
They have every right to remove the "developer" mode on new ones they sell, but to retroactively interfere
with ones previously sold I doubt is legal.
For example a purchaser may have been using the developer mode for other purposes than viewing non-SKY content.
Such a purchaser could argue a breach of contract by SKY, and at very least demand a full refund!
Geoff.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

SPAM wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 am Who can sign up to NOW TV?
Anyone aged 18 or over living in the UK can sign up to use NOW TV.

NOW TV's right to cancel our agreement
We can change or add to these Terms of Use at any time for any of the following reasons:
we change, alter, improve or add to any of our services;
we intend to change the way we structure our services;
we change the way we provide our services (for example, we develop new technology to provide you with a better experience);
to help improve the security and operation of our technical infrastructure (for example, to prevent misuse of our digital content platform);
we reorganise the way we structure or run our business

there are a lot of sites on facebook etc offering PLEX and adding content that is not ´legal´
which i take no view on but just state the facts ..
Thanks for that.
Change of T &Cs of their NOW TV service is fair enough.
Changing the use of the box is my business, or should be, not their's.
Lets leave it at that.
Cheers,
Geoff.