Cyprus Driving Licence Second Renewal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Cyprus Driving Licence Second Renewal

Post by trevnhil »

Tuppence, maybe different employees are interpreting the rules differently.. However, what I have stated above has happened 3 times to me now. At the ages of 73, 76, and 79.
I have not got my actual plastic licence yet but I do have a temporary paper licence.
My Birthday is the 28th of August and my last Licence expired on the 6th of August.
I Had my medical form signed but the doctor on the 26th of July and I went to Polis Citizens office on the 2nd of August..
I have the temporary paper licence here and it states that my new licence is
From 2nd August 2021... and expires on the 26thJuly 2024...
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Definitely different employees are doing different things. But I'm never concerned as losing a few days out of three years really doesn't matter
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:29 pm People should know from their existing Licence just when it expires. Do be aware though that a licence is usually valid for three years. But the 3 years are from when the doctor signed the certificate to say you were OK to drive. This is unlikely to be on your Birthday, but a number of days before that date..
Thanks for the explanation - happened to a close friend. His current licence expires several days before his birthday and couldn't fathom why as it was the first time ever that the expiry date didn't match his birthdate.

All rather confusing, especially when people have said on some forums that you can renew your licence some weeks before it expires.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I went to Polis Citizens office this morning and collected my new plastic card licence.
Sure enough, the expiry date is 28th July 2024. That is just 3 years from the date the doctor signed my medical form..
Trev..