SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
trevnhil

Re: SOS TV

Post by trevnhil »

We are using D link 'home plugs' from one side of the lounge (router) to the other side (TV).
Trev..
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I spoke to simon today, SS....

The supplier apparently switched their system off to move.... and intention is to be up and running this week, but he doesn’t know day etc.

He also reiterated the 2 months free for everyone.....

If you need to reset the MAG box, you need to flash the firmware from a USB stick - which is what SOS and others are doing.... As their system has an embedded portal and firmware to run it, improve quality etc. And for other suppliers you need to have the ability to enter a portal....
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We do not have any buffering or delayed speech. We are hard wired to the internet and are now using 10mb. Very happy with the new system. :D Our first month is FOC as well.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I notice a slight loss in picture quality from the last supplier. Not enough to bother us though.
No buffering or speech delay..
I also notice the BBC ITV etc ie the prime channels are not available in HD. Again no problem for us..
Trev..
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We changed our TV system last week with the lovely Sheryl and Brian but just wondering if anyone has the old system back again yet.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Tremigirl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 am We changed our TV system last week with the lovely Sheryl and Brian but just wondering if anyone has the old system back again yet.
Not yet! MOH thinks it might be tomorrow, 1st of month? 3 weeks on Friday. I am going to jump ship if not on by then.
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

Just spoken to SS Simon. He says around two more weeks for his system to be back online, but no guarantees of a date.
Last edited by Pafos on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Pafos wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:26 am Just spoken to SS Simon. He says around two more weeks for his system to be back online, but no guarantees of a date.

Time to shop around.
Well I have said it before and I will say it again. The old system is gone-Kaput. It is not coming back. We are delighted with the new system (SWISS) from S.O.S. and would heartily recomend people to go to Brian and Sheryll to ask about the new service provider. :D
All things are possible
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

If this provider is the one in the police raids across Europe recently , it has not just been switched off . The equipment has been confiscated .
exodus

Post by exodus »

Hudswell wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:13 pm I would think it is more likely that they have seen the writing on the wall, made a tactical withdrawal, and perhaps laying low for a while.....
They just don't wanna hear it. I think it is called being in denial.
Amos.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

exodus wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:59 pm
Hudswell wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:13 pm I would think it is more likely that they have seen the writing on the wall, made a tactical withdrawal, and perhaps laying low for a while.....
Amos.
Nobody is denying that providers are lying low - or have moved premises, countries, ISPs etc......
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

Amos.
Aren't you a bit old for trolling?
exodus

Post by exodus »

Alfie wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:41 pm
Amos.
Since when did complying with the law, suggesting others comply with the law, amount to "trolling"?
And why are you having a "go" at me?? If you think I am a "troll" what is Hudswell then?
Look, just debate the issue, rather than mud slinging!
Amos.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We changed supplier a very short while ago... Fortunately during last few weeks we have been able to watch TV via a laptop and HDMI lead to the TV...

For those who are still without TV, and are able to use a laptop... try these two TV suppliers. NO VPN needed..

http://www.tvcatchup.com/channels with TV guide..

https://easyview.eu/
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

exodus wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 pm

Amos.
Since when did complying with the law, suggesting others comply with the law, amount to "trolling"?
And why are you having a "go" at me?? If you think I am a "troll" what is Hudswell then?
Amos.
There is no issue to debate, on this thread. It is for people trying to sort out their TV service. Hudswell hasn't been trolling on it. You, however, have. I have removed several of your comments from this thread over the last few days because they were argumentative and not helpful. This isn't a debate thread. By all means start one, but leave this thread for people wanting information about TV services.

I don't intend having to say this again.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

We finally got fed up waiting for something that doesn’t look if it will return, SOS have been so helpful in sorting us out another system that is just as good as the old one,
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

one of the reason for me picking my new IPTV is apart from being only €20 a month as a direct customer ,is that they DONT have a local shop ,DONT have a local agent ,DONT operate from inside the EU DONT have any door for anyone to knock on and close down - its 2018 you dont need a shop window to buy TV .. :D
All things are possible
Canary Man

Post by Canary Man »

That's fine but what happens if you have a problem. Where do you go .
exodus

Post by exodus »

Dominic wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:49 pm
exodus wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 pm

Amos.
There is no issue to debate, on this thread. It is for people trying to sort out their TV service. Hudswell hasn't been trolling on it. You, however, have. I have removed several of your comments from this thread over the last few days because they were argumentative and not helpful. This isn't a debate thread. By all means start one, but leave this thread for people wanting information about TV services.

I don't intend having to say this again.
Understood Dominic. Very sorry.
Amos.
Paphianclive

Post by Paphianclive »

Lincoln,
Please PM me details.