Cyprus NHS

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Alewfin

Re: Cyprus NHS

Post by Alewfin »

galexinda wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm Nearly everyone I know of a similar age range who has a state pension uses the hospital for chronic illnesses such as diabetes, heart conditions and operations such as hip or knee replacements.
Nearly everyone I know of a similar age range use a mix of private and public health facilities.

I guess it's who you know.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We certainly use a mixture of Private and Public health services.. We are both registered with a local GP.. My wife uses the local village doctor... I use the consultants at the general hospital, and have also been an in patient at Nicosia General.. My wife has used a number of private 'clinics' here and private Hospitals.
She has also used the BOC oncology centre in Nicosia... You pays your money and takes your choice. :-)
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Like Trev I also ‘mix and match’. I don’t use the General a lot. Mainly for repeat prescription from time to time and I attended the flu clinic recently. But for major things like my recent cataract operation I went to Iasis as I am still able to fund my limited privaate health insurance. This was mainly to avoid waiting for a long time, so I could have a much needed op done.
Incidentally, I saw Dr Maria who is excellant and the surgeon who comes down from Nicosia. They used laser and ultra sound. I had a good result as also had my previous v long sight corrected at the same time.
Dee