SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
malsue

Re: SOS TV

Post by malsue »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am
Austin7 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 am They've been saying 'shortly' or 'a few days' for over a week now, last I heard it was due to be back Thursday (ie: today). I know Cyprus time is different to all other but I'm still holding my breath. Ready to jump ship to another provider if not back before midnight tonight :evil:
I think i'm going to be right behind you Austin7.....

Any PM's from anyone using a full, reliable package with all Sports Channels inc. Bein, TSN, Fox Sky etc, catch up, Movie club, etc, will be gratefully received. :evil:
I have sent you a PM
Mal
Paphianclive

Post by Paphianclive »

Been trying to send a PM, but the system says not allowed although I have been a member since 2016.
Please PM with details if you are not allowed to post.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I would like to publicly thank Brian and Cheryl at Computer SOS. We now have a full package TV with 14 day catch up and it cost less than before.
All things are possible
exodus

Post by exodus »

Lincoln wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:17 pm I would like to publicly thank Brian and Cheryl at Computer SOS. We now have a full package TV with 14 day catch up and it cost less than before.
If you cannot or don't feel able to name the provider, what is the price? Does it have any USA channels?
Amos.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The board is currently being bombarded by spammers for TV firms. One in particular is very dodgy. Treat any PM you receive from somebody you don't know with a large pinch of salt.

I am having to delete upwards of 20 new account requests a day at the moment. I have got better things to do with my time to be honest. If you post something and it gets replaced by the word "SPAM", just accept it and move on. One account this afternoon slipped through the net, and posted about 20 times before I spotted them. Well, somebody else spotted them, and alerted me.

If you think that this approach is "getting ridiculous", it is a lot better than letting the spammers run riot. Believe me, if they were allowed, they would.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 pm
Lincoln wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:17 pm I would like to publicly thank Brian and Cheryl at Computer SOS. We now have a full package TV with 14 day catch up and it cost less than before.
Does that include the library of thousands of films like we had before and loads of radio stations?
YES to above and more besides. :D
All things are possible
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

I see Sky are to enter the internet streaming business and will therefore slowly phase out the Satellites I guess. This I presume will help them gain access to more EU countries by obtaining licenses without the need to get satellites overhead. It they get a foothold into Greece then Cyprus will quickly okay them.
So it might not be long before the many on here who have said if they were available they would happily pay the going rate will get their wish. Sky Sports/ films etc in UK €60+ a month then Netflix for the TV box sets €29 a month and away we go.
Maybe I'll phone my pirate DVD man ?
Anyone tried the Primtel or MTN boxes by the way ?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But will people pay 60 euros a month instead of 20 +
Trev..
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

That's great news...we're you transferred free of charge?
We've paid up front till Aug??
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Hi Lincoln
Have you changed from the package you originally had?
We are with SOS and still not got ours back yet, well and truly FED UP now.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

There was no charge to do the change over. The package has more programme's :D
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

Some folks think they are squeaky clean, :roll:

I also watched Sky news about Sky Dishes to soon be a thing of the past, and offer what I think should have happened when we lost Sky here on the island and in most parts of the EU, a paid subscription service via the Internet, I hope all of UKTV do the same, I would be happy to pay as long as it is not stupid money, as Sky was, in the end, I was paying €80 a month!! to a UK supplier, not Sky! as they would not do business here because legal requirements, just to appease the BBC and its licence fee no doubt, now they will be the big losers, streaming TV is here now, not in the future.
Jim.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lincoln

Just to be crystal clear are you saying you have got a totally new package provider via SOS as opposed to the old one having been reinstated?. I ask this because I am still not getting any picture, messages etc i.e. a totally blank screen. Like others I paid in advance as I was going to be away over the Christmas and New Year period not envisaging landing in hospital in the UK. For this reason I have not been able to visit SOS personally and I am becoming confused (not difficult) as to what has happened. On balance it occurs to me you have gone over to a totally new system - is that so please? so I can make alternative arrangements because the a"a few days" seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Thank You.

Rita
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Rita Sherry wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 am Lincoln

Just to be crystal clear are you saying you have got a totally new package provider via SOS as opposed to the old one having been reinstated?. I ask this because I am still not getting any picture, messages etc i.e. a totally blank screen. Like others I paid in advance as I was going to be away over the Christmas and New Year period not envisaging landing in hospital in the UK. For this reason I have not been able to visit SOS personally and I am becoming confused (not difficult) as to what has happened. On balance it occurs to me you have gone over to a totally new system - is that so please? so I can make alternative arrangements because the a"a few days" seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Thank You.

Rita
Hello Rita,
Yes a complete NEW system/package.
All things are possible
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

We were told that this full package contains no box sets and very few films, the latter not too bothered about but my wife is into her series on the box sets such as Poldark and Victoria etc.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

At the end of the day it's up to each individual to decide which system to use. Lincoln is happy with the one provided by Computer SOS as it obviously suits his requirements. Best for people to go to Computer SOS and ask questions rather than ask Lincoln as you all have different needs. As for me, I'm more than happy with the systems I have.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They are very busy both on the phone and in the shop..

I have been this morning and changed to the same system that Lincoln has had installed...
I fills our requirements and is working fine..
But you do probably need to call them, or visit with questions about films etc..

Trev..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 pm
Does that include the library of thousands of films like we had before and loads of radio stations?
Yes too many films for us. Do go and speak to SOS and you will get all the answers. :D
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Discobolus wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 am We were told that this full package contains no box sets and very few films, the latter not too bothered about but my wife is into her series on the box sets such as Poldark and Victoria etc.
There are loads of Box Sets. Go and speak to SOS and you will get all the answers. I am happy with the package. :D
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:39 pm I would still like to know answers to my questions which Lincoln could answer rather that go all the way to SOS and they must be very busy on their phones.
Surely it is better to speak to the experts first hand?