Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Post by Dominic »

Oh come off it Hudswell. You the one getting tiresome. HiC had something new to bring to the party, with a clipping showing more information. All you do is repeat your same old mantra ad-nauseam.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 pm Oh come off it Hudswell. You the one getting tiresome. HiC had something new to bring to the party, with a clipping showing more information. All you do is repeat your same old mantra ad-nauseam.
But that's what he does best, do you not know?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Hudswell wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:20 pm Well time will tell I suppose. And Dominic, it's not a Mantra, it is fact, and a fact that has been published by the Cypriot authorities, and whilst some may wish to push their own agendas, the MEU 3 is not a requirement, there is not official documentation that states after BREXIT that, in Cyprus, you will need this document. So those that have not got it, relax.
I do believe that if you had proof that you have lived here continually for a period of FIVE years, you would now be applying for the MEU3 :?
All things are possible
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Obviously Mr.Lillie has access to information we do not have . I can find nothing on Cyprus government sites that say they recommend the meu3 , only that an meu 1,2 or 3 is all that is needed . But websites might need updating. Unless anyone else can find it ? ;)
Attachments
6A031F4A-C38D-4049-ABFE-97729766FCEA.jpeg
6A031F4A-C38D-4049-ABFE-97729766FCEA.jpeg (124.64 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
BE8C116E-F648-439D-B0C6-441283DC1FED.jpeg
BE8C116E-F648-439D-B0C6-441283DC1FED.jpeg (153.31 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If anyone needs documents Apostille'd they can now be done at the Citizens Advice on Butchers Boy Street for €5 for each document. Notary's can be found at the cafe in th government buildings opposite the Law Courts, also €5 per document. Stamps for the Apostille are €5 and can be bought at the Post Office.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Jim I think it should be mentioned that this is for official Cypriot documents though. Documents from other countries must be apostilled in the country of issue.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Sorry I forgot to state that about Apostilled Documents Jeanne, you are correct in that they will only Apostille documents issued in Cyprus. A document can only be Apostille'd in the country of issue. The Notaries will confirm a copy of a foreign document is a "True Copy". I had to get this done with a copy of my passport on Thursday.
Jim
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I wonder if the card mentioned will be the one I suggested on page 3 ?
JimX

Post by JimX »

I cannot believe this thread why is it going on and on? it cost per applicant €20 and about an hour of your time, we found it very easy but some may have other issues to deal with, but really either get the bloody MEU3 or just do not bother, either you will in the future need this it or you won't!, you stand to lose €20's. :roll:
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I believe the cost has been increased to €34 per application.
So get the MEU3 then in time find out that what you really need is a paranoia certification.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

The application form they gave me says €34 , I think they are old stock . I will not know for sure until I go for my interview if the fee has been increased , unless anyone knows for sure ?
jeba

Post by jeba »

Asking for a friend: can you apply for a MEU3 if you´ve lived here for more than 10 years without ever having applied for a MEU1? Are you at risk of a fine if you tell the immigration departement that you haven´t bothered to apply for the MEU1 even though having resided in Cyprus for that long?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I know a few who have never registered for anything in 12 years or so.
Up until the passport checks that we have now they could come an go as they pleased. Technically they have only lived in Cyprus since their last entry into the country.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 pm Asking for a friend: can you apply for a MEU3 if you´ve lived here for more than 10 years without ever having applied for a MEU1? Are you at risk of a fine if you tell the immigration departement that you haven´t bothered to apply for the MEU1 even though having resided in Cyprus for that long?
It seems your friend wants the benefits without any of the responsibilities... personally I hope he gets a massive fine.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Hudswell wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am It was reported a couple of weeks ago in the CM that the price had increased.
Immigration Reception are using old forms. It's 20.00 Euro, NOT 34.00

I noticed the equivalent process in the UK the charge is 65.00 GBP
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Jim B wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am Sorry I forgot to state that about Apostilled Documents Jeanne, you are correct in that they will only Apostille documents issued in Cyprus. A document can only be Apostille'd in the country of issue. The Notaries will confirm a copy of a foreign document is a "True Copy". I had to get this done with a copy of my passport on Thursday.
Jim
Thanks for this information Jim , I changed address here recently , my U.K. bank , The Halifax will not accept it , they say I have to have the change of address form certified . So it’s off to find one of those notaries for me .
Do I still need a 5euro stamp for “True Copy” ?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Notary will provide any stamps you require.

Jim
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Well I found the notary in the cafe , it was the tax office building . All done now , my form is winging its way to the U.K.

Thanks again Jim .