Tea, Scones and Crocuses

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
surreyboy

Re: Tea, Scones and Crocuses

Post by surreyboy »

Well well well! So you find it ironic that I call myself Surreyboy do you Jackie? Had it actually occurred to you that I might have been born in Surrey (UK - England - Walton-on-Thames actually) and have been a Cyprus full time resident for 12 years.

I'm probably not the most vocal person on this forum, but as Dominic asked for opinions on the subject of external inputs, I dared to pen my thoughts. I didn't expect the vitriolic reaction that this has generated!

By the way, the Fylde is not in Cyprus either, but you were probably already aware of that!!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surreyboy

Phew, thank goodness you explained, I never would have guessed :roll: Then why all the fuss about mentioning the UK on PL, when you do it yourself I wonder.

You think the replies to your post vitriolic, maybe other posters are more open minded than you appear to be.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Jackie

I think you have missed the point completely, but never mind, let's just agree to disagree and move on!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surreyboy

Fair enough.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Jackie

I love Hereford !!
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Personally I think it is a man thing!! Surreyboy if you are married or have a partner do me a favour and ask them how they would view your posts on this subject you may be surprised!!
And I must just point out that if this forum was solely for permanent residents of Paphos then I doubt there would be many members as quite a few I know have either left the Island or split their time between Cyprus and the UK
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Is this still going on? :lol:

I think the agreeing to disagree thing should be allowed time to work.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Hi Poppy/Firefly,
I have been fascinated by the objection of some individuals responses regarding anything relevant to the UK whether it be personal/political or just 'chit chat'...I just don't get the 'irritation' it seems to invoke. I personally love reading other peoples life experiences regardless of their chosen country of residence...
I would have thought that the experiences of long standing residents of Cyprus that had to return to the UK for various reasons, would be looked upon as a valuable source of information for anyone wishing to follow in their footsteps.
I would also add that their posts give an interesting slant on both sides of any debate that includes the UK/CY.
Why some people choose to be annoyed by this is rather puzzling considering that whatever happens in the UK will always affect them eventually.
I congratulate Dominic for trying to accommodate everyone...you must have the patience of a saint 😇 :lol:
Carry on posting girls...ignore the digs...IMO they are just sour grapes 🍇 :lol:
Jules, hope you & yours are having a brill time in Malta...I could do with a slice of that 8-)
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Not there yet but been busy helping friends move into their bungalow on the other side of the village.

We're meeting up with some friends of 11+ years who we met in Cyprus whilst we're in Malta so another good reason to go and why we keep in touch....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surreyboy

I love Hereford too, in spite of being born in Lancaster.

Cogs

Thanks for your post, a refreshing change.

Jackie