Calling any musicians interested in Jam nights/ Open Mic or the like !

Post anything to do with music here. Been to any good gigs? Let us know!
GreenArmy12

Calling any musicians interested in Jam nights/ Open Mic or the like !

Post by GreenArmy12 »

This is a repeat of a topic posted previously on CL to see how much interest there would be in Jam sessions/ open mics in the Paphos area.

Myself (Al) and a friend (Stuart) have both recently relocated over here from North Devon , where we were regular attendees at the frequent live music evenings held in the local pubs, and are interested I trying to get something similar going over here. I know that there is a regular open mic held at DT's bar, but this seems to mainly be for people who want to bring along a backing track and sing or play along to it, which is not what we have in mind. The sort of format that we would have would be to have ourselves ( Bass and Guitar plus cajon) with a PA set up as well as guitars and amps, and people could join us or just accompany themselves, or play as duo's threes etc as they wished. Just about any genre of music could be accommodated, Blues, acoustic or electric pop and rock, folk or whatever. The idea is really just for people to get together and enjoy live music and meet like minded people.

I know that we are well served by some very good professional musicians here, who are playing to earn a living, but there must be many enthusiastic amateurs who would just like to get together and play, we are currently checking out possible venues.

Al