Transferring currency

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Transferring currency

Post by smudger »

Have never used one of these organisations, but for reasons which would send anyone reading it to sleep I won't bore you with the details, but I need to transfer some Euros from my bank here in Cyprus to my daughters sterling account in the UK.

a) can I do it
b) how long does it take to set up
c) what will it cost

These are the questions which come readily to mind, so apologies in advance if I come back with more, but any help one if you international dealers on here could give would be greatly appreciated and I'll happily buy you a drink in an establishment of your choice!!
smudger

Re: Transferring currency

Post by smudger »

Many thanks for that info Lloyd. When you say easy to set up are you talking hours, days, weeks.......what I'm needing is to send a transfer quite urgently. I normally do this sort of thing on line through my uk bank account, but thanks to some horrendous clashing by the time lords of card readers, snail mail, banking procedures which mean more snail nail, I'm now snooked, so looking for a speedy alternative!
smudger

Post by smudger »

Minutes???? Hallelujah!! I'm looking at at least two more weeks at the moment before I can get into my UK account again!

Im on it now xx
Pchome

Post by Pchome »

I use XE who are great, money is transfered in a couple of days and the exchange rate is the best I've seen.
JimX

Post by JimX »

It is as easy getting your cash from the UK as it is sending it back the other way, I thank Lloyd for introducing ''Transferwise'' to me, all you need is a debit card, very reasonable charges also. Just go to there web page..
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Before using any of the mentioned currency transfer companies, do find out what there charges will be most of them charge a percentage. This can be a big chunk of your hard earned money going into there pocket.
We use Currency Fair and irrespective of the amount we transfer it is a fixed fee of £3.00
All things are possible
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I have used revolut for £5,000 and wouldn’t be comfortable with more. They have no phone support.

Used CurrencyFair recently for a very large sum and pleased with every aspect. They had to double-check aspects to make sure not money-laundering, but very satisfied and great rates.
Checked with Smart and a few others and their rates were around 1c below interbank