Contributions for GESY

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Pbee

Contributions for GESY

Post by Pbee »

Is anyone aware of how pensioners and their dependants will be expected to pay their contributions to the scheme?
Pat
JimX

Re: Contributions for GESY

Post by JimX »

Hello.

I have looked into GESY but alas they have no more idea than the rest of us, I feel the only real change for pensioners will be higher prescription charges, I am a pensioner, this is just reading between the lines, we will just have to wait and see until they themselves have the answers.
Jim.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I had understood that those of us not in paid employment, ie pensioners, would be billed twice a year, June and December, based on our income per our tax returns.
However, I am seeing my Cypriot friend who is an accountant next week and if I get any further information, I will pass it on.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Loubychew

Post by Loubychew »

I had the same response as PW when I emailed them about my Mum who is a pensioner.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Not recently, but the only articles I have read state that people in receipt of a Cypriot state pension will pay contributions to GESY. Until the Brexit situation is resolved I doubt if there will be information available for UK State Pensioners.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hudswell,
I am hoping that the UK will continue to fund the health care for retired UK pensioners. They did this before Cyprus joined the EU. But the whole Brexit business is such a mess our situation is unlikely to be uppermost in the British Govt’s mind.

Dee