Renewing Medical Card

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Renewing Medical Card

Post by trevnhil »

Pchome wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 pm Can a cyprus medical card be cancelled or not renewed if I stop getting exportable esa?
If your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible, then I think that is a strong possibility .. However I doubt they would cancel one, but it may not be renewed..
Trev..
Pchome

Post by Pchome »

My circumstances are the same but I read somewhere that contribution based eds only lasts for a year and that's what worried me
JimX

Post by JimX »

As some of the members above ours came in the post before the expiry date, we did not need to go to any local office. We are both pensioners.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

So far I believe the people who have had their Cyprus Medical Card renewed are entitled to it because they receive the UK State Pension.

However Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is a different benefit and has to meet certain criteria. Perhaps best to go to the Citizens Service Centre to check your situation.

More detailed information about ESA on this website: https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroa ... y-benefits
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

JimX wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 am As some of the members above ours came in the post before the expiry date, we did not need to go to any local office. We are both pensioners.
Obviously ours did not come by post, so that was why when the expiry date arrived I went to the Citizens desk.. We are pensioners as well :-)
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Ours runs out soon, I will let you know if it is sent to our address again.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When you posted... " As some of the members above ours came in the post before the expiry date, we did not need to go to any local office. We are both pensioners. " I thought you meant recently, not years ago..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Not sure what you mean by years ago? this was the last time we needed to have new medical cards, as I said, those came in the post before the renewal date, ours are due next month, and as I said if they do appear in the post I will post this on the forum, keep dry!
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

All our previous cards have been valid for 5 years, as the one just obtained is.. :-)
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

That's interesting, our cards are valid for 2 years but I guess that's because they are based on my wife's social insurance contributions!

Shane