Honda car key

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Honda car key

Post by trevnhil »

Where is a good place to get a new spare Honda car key.. ??
Trev..
JimX

Re: Honda car key

Post by JimX »

Morning Trev.

I have used this chap twice, once for just a normal key cut, and once for a far more expensive Nissan electronic device and key, but he is always helpful and can come to you also if needed.

http://www.locksmithcyprus.com/
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you both, I will try one or more of them later this morning..
Trev..
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Simillides will cut a new Honda car key for about 15 euro I think but it will only unlock the door. To have it chipped to use in the ignition is, I think around 170 euro.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks to all that helped. I did get one today that is a full remote for alarm etc... It was a little dear at €90 but it was needed as a full spare key to drive the car.. I got it from a place opposite the Petrolina garage in Gasoline Alley
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Actually, that sounds very reasonable for the type of key that you got. As a matter of interest, I had to get a spare key for my keyless entry and keyless start car in the UK. There I was told that it was in fact illegal to clone this type of key. The only way I could obtain such a key was via the main dealer. Which I did and it cost me £250! The dealer told me that spare keys for their cars had to be ordered from the factory in Germany which makes the cars!
It took about a week to have it cut and then sent to Cheltenham for me to collect! If this type of thing should happen to me again, I know where to go now for that copy!
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Wow Dee... That is one expensive car key :-(
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

As Dee has.

Trev that was indeed a bargain, it is not just a key Trev it has to work with your particular car, many new cars now do this electronic anti-theft keys now, my Nissan has keyless entry and auto button start (modern technology :roll: ) the key and electronics cost the best part of €300's. I did try a few key dealers they all were about the same cost, I used the guy in that link.

Dee I was told the same, main dealer only, the man at the Nissan dealer said he could supply the key and electronics but he told me to go to that link, as they do!!

PS they sorted the key and electronics while I waited, they even offered me a drink, took about an hour only.
Jim.