Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Re: Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Post by memory man »

Lincoln wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:59 am

Gwenny and her ilks charge HUGE fees for very simple paper work.

Not a very nice choice of words for Gwenny's staff :shock:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Lincoln wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:59 am
Kili01 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:43 am Surely, its a case of each to his own! Lincoln can do what he likes but he has no right to criticise others who make a different choice for their own reasons.

Dee
Correct Dee, I am not being critical at all just stating the points of view as they stand. Gwenny and her ilks charge HUGE fees for very simple paper work. it was the same for the other countries we have lived in :mrgreen:
Again it is up to the individual as to what they think is a HUGE fee. If you think someone like Gwenny can help you then just call in and ask what her CHEAP fees are ;-) ;-)
Trev..
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 am
Lincoln wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:59 amGwenny and her ilks charge HUGE fees for very simple paper work.

...and the maintenance and running costs for her offices and at least the 5 or 6 staff I saw the last time I was there. You think these all work for free? Plus all her vehicle costs.
HIC,,I took up your advice from a previous posting of yours and emailed Gwenn...….That's about a week ago,,,,,i,ve eagerly waited,and waited but alas she has still not replied....So I have dived into the unknown and decided to do it myself. :roll:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

As Hudswell said applying personally for an MU3 is very straight forward, just like for the Yellow Slip most on here already have.
I have used Gwenny in the past and she is very helpful, she used to be the fixer for Mitsubishi Motors when I first met her.
As I said earlier, applying isn't the problem, it's getting hold of it that is.

Jim
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 pm I have found that the people that use an agent, are using one because they are afraid of the paperwork or they have oodles of cash to spare and are too lazy to do it themselfs. We have always done ALL paperwork and appointments ourselfs. This in all the countries we have lived in. Always easy and saved a LOT of money
When we went to immigration in May for our MEU1, we had a couple sitting next to us with the same cocky attitude: "Can't believe you're wasting your money, mate" etc. They were ahead of us in the queue and when called went in to the main interview room with a smug look on their faces. Five minutes later they came out with faces like thunder, arguing with each other "I told you..blah, blah". Clearly something had been forgotten, left at home etc. They went to the desk to book a new appointment and were told to come back in July. Another shouting match started.

Money well spent, as far as we're concerned.

BTW, Lincoln, what did you do with the money saved? Clearly you didn't spend it wisely on a "Improve your English Spelling Course" :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

David, I did not waste my cash on an agent and as I posted, I feel ten minutes paperwork was not worth the €160's I was asked for, my money is still in my bank. Not nice words to say to a fellow member Lincoln, he is right, the procedure is simple and fast, I was not cocky with anyone, the staff were friendly to me even having a joke about being married for 50 years, they thought smiling we had a lot of offsprings, my cash is still in our bank, no slanging match just a short time that you would need, just the same time as with an agent, of course, if you feel you would not be able to fill in a short form then by all means, get an agent, but for what I just cannot understand.

P.S Our MEU3 came to our address within three weeks.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We did it ourselves and had no problems whatsoever. All the requirements are posted online and you do have to make sure you have the required paperwork, in triplicate, but the process itself is straightforward.

We spent the money we saved on a few slap up feasts at a local taverna.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:58 pm
Not for one moment do we regret using Gwenny-Mary to facilitate the process and make it so easy. Money well spent, and in our case we had to do it for six people. We negotiated a deal ;)

For once, I agree with HiC! ;)

I had a particularly complicated MEU1 application and had to provide a lot more documentation than shown on the "standard" list. I used Gwenny and she nailed what I needed to provide first time and I know for a fact that I would be struggling to this day had I not used her!

If you have a straight forward application then yes you can do it yourself if you feel confident enough ……………… not everybody does though? If you don't or you have a more complicated application then using an agent like Gwenny makes sense?

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ultimately it is your money and you are free to spend it however you like.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

When i started this thread i titled it "Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panic" im,greatfull for the 123 postings it has attracted but now that title may be even more significant.I,ve just been reliably informed that the immigration department are taking no more appointments for MEU3 applications for the rest of this year.And will not be taking appointments for next year until further notice.If i,m wrong please dont shoot the messanger.
And even another reason not to panic.The Civil Registry and migration department have issued a document..... Residence Rights and Residence Documents in the Republic of Cyprus that states word for word:-

HOLDERS OF CURRENT RESIDENT DOCUMENTS (MEU1 MEU2 MEU3) WILL BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO USE THEM AS MEANS OF PROOF FOR RESIDENCE RIGHTS IN CYPRUS. "no need to panic"
Mark

Post by Mark »

Think it might get worse, as peeps realise that this document is a must.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well, the document that I saw says we are OK until 2020. But, when the ‘transition period’ ends we will need the MEU 3 Residents permt. So when I get mine I’ll keep it safely on file..
I am surprised what a fuss this form has generated.... over a hundred postings.

Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

THE INTERIOR MINISTRY has published on its website a document explaining how Cyprus intends to implement the Brexit withdrawal agreement covering the residence rights of UK nationals and their family members. The withdrawal agreement between the EU and the UK on citizens’ rights, ahead of the country leaving the bloc on March 29, 2019, protects those UK nationals and their family members who have already exercised or will exercise their free movement rights in Cyprus before January 1, 2021 when the transition period ends. During the transition period that starts on March 30, immediately after the UK leaves the EU, and ends on December 31, 2020, the free movement of UK nationals and their family members will continue, the interior ministry said. In line with the draft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement published in March, the interior ministry said that its implementation will mean that UK nationals and their family members who, by December 31, 2020, have been continuously resident in Cyprus for five years will be eligible for permanent residence. It added that UK nationals and their family members who already reside in Cyprus or arrive by December 31, 2020, but will not yet have been continuously resident in Cyprus for five years, “will be eligible for residence, enabling them to stay until they have reached the five-year threshold, allowing them to apply for permanent residence”. UK nationals and their family members who are covered by the withdrawal agreement, it said, “will be able to continue their lives in Cyprus, with the same access to work, study, benefits and public services that they enjoy now, subject to the specific provisions provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement.”

Read more at: http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... d=00154737
Copyright © Cyprus Property News
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

daveg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:43 pm Went to get an appointment today at immigration, waited and waited, then the lady who had just finished the latest charm school course told me..." No more appointments until I get a 2019 diary!"
Come back end of October...!
Nearly offered to buy her a diary from Jumbo's!
Why is it so difficult to use a computer here for these government employees,
So until Mrs Helpful gets a new diary ,no more appointments....great , another wasted few hours.....
If people are being refused appointments for the MEU3 they should complain to the EU .

“The authorities must issue the permanent residence document as soon as possible and cannot charge you more than nationals pay for their identity cards. If they do not, you can call on our assistance services. “

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_en.htm
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mrblobby wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:22 am
daveg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:43 pm Went to get an appointment today at immigration, waited and waited, then the lady who had just finished the latest charm school course told me..." No more appointments until I get a 2019 diary!"
Come back end of October...!
Nearly offered to buy her a diary from Jumbo's!
Why is it so difficult to use a computer here for these government employees,
So until Mrs Helpful gets a new diary ,no more appointments....great , another wasted few hours.....
If people are being refused appointments for the MEU3 they should complain to the EU .

“The authorities must issue the permanent residence document as soon as possible and cannot charge you more than nationals pay for their identity cards. If they do not, you can call on our assistance services. “

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_en.htm
It will be possible, as soon as she gets her new diary, stop whinging :lol:
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Jimx,

This assumes that the UK and the EU agree and sign a legally binding Withdrawal Agreement without which there will be no Transition Period.

At the moment the talks are stuck primarily on the Irish Border. Something needs to give. Mrs May is still going on about a 'No Deal'.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Alewin..hello

I picked that info from another Cyprus forum, take it any way you wish, we did our own MEU3 form filling and we had absolutely no problems, the cost €20 each and no fees to agents.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It was posted here nearly a week ago, twice. :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7061
JimX

Post by JimX »

Three times now :) , I just hope it helps elevate some from worrying about all of this.
Jim.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

lefkes wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 am
Austin7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am
Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 am

Have you got your MU3 yet?

Jim
Not yet. Told to expect it within the next 4 weeks.
Yes we were told to expect ours in about 4 weeks ,that was 4 months ago.
Lefkes.
Got our MEu3 today after 5 months . total cost of 20 euros and 20 minutes of our time .Well pleased .Lefkes.