Opticians - Emergency

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Princebytor

Opticians - Emergency

Post by Princebytor »

Arrived in Paphos last night minus my prescription glasses (unfortunately left in the bathroom back at home in Sheffield).
Does anybody have a recommendation for an optician who can give me a sight test and then source the glasses asap ? Specsavers back in the Uk will not release details of my existing prescription, as it is older than 2 years !!.

Any help will be much appreciated.
trevnhil

Re: Opticians - Emergency

Post by trevnhil »

If you go to Eye Contact on Tomb of the Kings road I am sure they will be able to help you .
It would be best to ring first to make sure just when they can fit you in... Tel.. 26221375 after 9am
The shop is about 500 yards on the right from the Mall, heading in the Coral Bay direction. (near the Pit Stop pub)

If the prescription glasses are for reading. These can be bought 'off the shelf' at many kiosks and supermarkets here.. By try it and see method.. I don't think you will get these from an optician
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Elean. Makarios Street in the old town and also Poseidonos Avenue next to the Tommy Hilfiger shop in Kato Paphos. (opp. Ta Bania seaside restaurant)
Louise :)
J B

Post by J B »

We've used George or the last 20 years - no complaints

http://georgesopticals.com/
J B
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Went to Eye Contact on Tuesday and got my new glasses before they closed at lunchtime on Wednesday . Pretty impressive all round plus with the 'daily deals' voucher it was reasonably priced.
Many thanks for the help.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Eye Contact.

Best in town for just spec's. you want more treatment then go see Maria at the Iasis Hospital.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Princebytor wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:00 am Went to Eye Contact on Tuesday and got my new glasses before they closed at lunchtime on Wednesday . Pretty impressive all round plus with the 'daily deals' voucher it was reasonably priced.
Many thanks for the help.
That is a pretty impressive eye test and supply of glasses in such a short time. Well done Panicos.. and Michelle.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I have always used Elean myself. The Makarios Ave branch. I guess that if you have always had good service from a shop, as I have - you tend to go back.

But I think that currently Eye Contact have a special offer.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Eye contact often have 'Daily Deals' offers. But just as when you are satisfied with an optician you will probably return, when they seriously fail you.... and your wife.... you would never go back, or recommend them.
Eye contact for me every time
Trev..
Pbee

Post by Pbee »

Eye Contact for me too. Excellent service
Pat
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

I remember recommending Eye Contact to Trev and Hilary many many years ago whilst we lived in Cyprus.

It's got to be said - we found them completely by accident. At the time, I had heard of Multifocal contact lenses. To me, that was a complete no brainer and I had to find someone who would give me those eyes back again!!! Our other optician at the time was ONLY keen to sell me glasses🤔

I sat on specs. I dropped specs in my soup pan. I lost specs in my plant pots. In fact, I lost and crushed specs every bloody where.

Anyway, my OH and I went out to our local for a wee drammie in 'The Pit Stop' one Saturday night and we spoke to one of our Irish pals who regailed a story about Panikos and one of his partners who had recognised a HUGE problem with his health through the eye test they had carried out that day. I apologise because I just cannot remember the specifics of it now but, it was a big un. He acted upon their advice and it was a life changer.

Upshot was, Panikos and Michelle sorted those wonderful contact lenses out for me and I can still see clearly to this day. . . . . . . . . as soon as I put my eyes in - in the morning.

But, most importantly, Panikos ' Mum trully does make the BEST Flauona in Paphos. Panikos gave me a wee taste of his own 'made by his own hand' Flauona in May of this year but, his Mums still got what it takes. X The End.

Maggie B
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Flossie wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:12 am Years ago Alex Elean was the 'go to' guy but he was expensive and hasn't responded to the competition so we are free to go where we want for the best prices!
I got my new Spec's off Alex and negotiated a nice big discount. So I think he is now responding to the competition. :D
All things are possible
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I am very happy with Elean at the seafront (Arestis) since 2009 and got always special discounts from him, beside that, I go there every 6 month and he is testing my eyes (after having cataracts operation years ago) with a lot of patience and no costs of course. I won't change my optician, to which I developed a relationship over the years, like it would be to a doctor, just for the sake of cheaper offers somewhere else...

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I certainly agree with Max's last comment.. Don't change from a good optician just because you can get glasses a bit cheaper elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't do it..
Trev..