Mount Athos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Re: Chloraka beer festival.

Post by smudger »

Lloyd and Vicki

Just go for it, God is good!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 pm I'm not interested in the Beer Festival but I'm glad I read the posts as I find myself far more interested in Mount Athos.
Well why not start a thread about Mt Athos then? That way, the thread about the beer festival can be about the beer festival, and the thread about Mt Athos can exist in it's own right. Who knows, it may gain interest from other people not interested in the beer festival who simply didn't bother reading the original thread because they knew it wouldn't be of interest to them?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I appreciate the effort involved so I will do it for you. All part of the service. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:26 pm Josef, I hope you'll forgive me adding one last 'off-topic' post, but a famous person once said:

"I'd rather live my life believing that there is a God and die and find out that there isn't; than to live my life as if there isn't a God and die and find out that there is".

Just sayin' ;)
The serious answer is that you shouldn't live your life based on the existence or not of god. You should just try to live as good a life as you can.

One of my favourite quotes is from Desmond Tutu - "There is a story, which is fairly well known, about when the missionaries came to Africa. They had the Bible and we, the natives, had the land. They said "Let us pray," and we dutifully shut our eyes. When we opened them, why, they now had the land and we had the Bible".
bromerzz

Re: Mount Athos

Post by bromerzz »

I would guess that a nice Bishops Finger might prove more popular.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

You lost me after Mount Athos and Eurovision..... I thought it was going to be a holiday review ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
memory man

Post by memory man »

Female animals, chickens, cows, ewes, nanny-goats, mares, and sows are also barred except for female cats, female insects and female songbirds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Athos