Cyprus Permanent Residency

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tuppence

Cyprus Permanent Residency

Post by Tuppence »

Reading all the comments on the European Citizens Initiative post about the time taken to go through immigration i’m wondering, having just gone through the process, what documentation you eventually get to prove you are a permanent resident of Cyprus. Do you get an ID card & would you be able to go through the residents channel instead of having to show your passport?

Also we (British Citizens ) have just renewed our passports which still of course have the EU maroon cover, wonder how that’s going to work when you try to scan them yourselves in an EU country!
josef k

Re: Cyprus Permanent Residency

Post by josef k »

Personally I wouldn't recommend laminating. It is better to keep it in a transparent plastic pocket (the sort that is designed for a ring binder). This is so it can be removed when asked by the police etc.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

josef k wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:58 pm Personally I wouldn't recommend laminating. It is better to keep it in a transparent plastic pocket (the sort that is designed for a ring binder). This is so it can be removed when asked by the police etc.
We photocopied our yellow slip (colour copy) and then laminated the original The copy is always kept with us. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I've also saved mine as a pdf on my LapTop!

Shane
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

ApusApus wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:24 pm I've also saved mine as a pdf on my LapTop!

Shane
Yup we do that as well with any legal documents.
All things are possible
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I think your nationality will determine which aisle you have to go in regardless of residency. You can get a Cypriot ID if you apply for citizenship after 7 years of living here permanently.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Well isn’t that a surprise ...................... another YELLOW slip of paper! It would be so much easier to have a credit card size ID card like the one we were lucky enough to get before they stopped issuing them.

I too always photocopy official documents & keep the originals in a file & also a pdf copy. If going on holiday I email to myself copies of passports, travel insurance policies, tickets etc .......... belt & braces!