Dog friendly restaurants ??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cactuslil

Re: Dog friendly restaurants ??

Post by Cactuslil »

emgee wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:28 pm Please leave your dogs at home, don't take them to Restaurants, would you do it in UK?

Alan
Obviously you haven’t been to dog friendly places like the Lake District where most pubs & shops have signs welcoming dogs.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Certainly there are pubs here that do allow dogs inside, personally I don't like having a strange pooch sniffing my leg when I'm eating, but obviously others don't mind. Outside yes fine, it's more annoying here having someone in the beer garden blowing cigarette smoke all over you.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
josef k

Post by josef k »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm
If you prefer your dogs on a plate then you are no friend of mine.. :-(
I don't recall saying anything about dogs on the plate. I don't eat dog or cat (although I accept some places in the far east do). But neither do I eat baby sheep.

I just don't want dogs in restaurants, Neither do I want most children in restaurants for that matter. Or smokers, or loud music, or live entertainment. All I want is good food in a good place with good service.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Josef

You sound really unhappy, how sad.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I was going to type just the same..
Trev..
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

josef k wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:17 pm
I don't recall saying anything about dogs on the plate. I don't eat dog or cat (although I accept some places in the far east do). But neither do I eat baby sheep.

I just don't want dogs in restaurants, Neither do I want most children in restaurants for that matter. Or smokers, or loud music, or live entertainment. All I want is good food in a good place with good service.
Boil in the bag for one in the front room and tv off. Josef k each to his own but do you like out.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I seem to have committed the crime of putting forward an alternative view. Slap on the wrist for being honest. For information, I frequent a number of very good restaurants with a number of very nice people. So no need for staying at home, being miserable etc etc. Who knows, you may have even had a meal out with me at some time.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

He doesn't need me to rush to his defence but I will say I've met and known Josef K for a few years now and he is a lovely man! Not at all miserable. Funny, intelligent and good company!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh for heaven's sake. Josef K never even hinted that he wanted to eat dog. He just expressed the opinion that he didn't want to eat in a restaurant that allowed dogs. It is a valid opinion, in the same way that some people don't like being in restaurants that allow smoking, or bagpipes.

So please, people, get off the high horses. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

josef k wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:17 pm

My wife and I agree with you 100%. :D We go out for the meal and good company.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hudswell wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:21 pm "I just don't want dogs in restaurants, Neither do I want most children in restaurants for that matter. Or smokers, or loud music, or live entertainment. All I want is good food in a good place with good service."

Para 2 of JK's post applies.....I don't think anyone honestly thought he ate dogs! 😉

Try reading all the posts.

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm Josef k. I never asked for restaurants that allowed dogs INSIDE , in fact I specifically said " I do realise that we would be sat OUTSIDE.."

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You aren't making any sense.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Dominic

I agree with you that this post is becoming nonsensical but I would draw your attention to JK's post of 20th June first line, second sentence - I quote "The only place for animals in a restaurant is on the plate" But to get the whole topic in perspective and in defence of Trev he did ask if anyone knew of any dog friendly restaurants in the Coral Bay area and he accepted he and his friends would be required to sit outside. It is others who have widened the topic by voicing opposition to dogs in restaurants but with respect to them they appear not to have properly read what Trev actually posted. I replied to Trev re a restaurant I frequent with friends and their dog (we always sit outside) with no problems from the owners or other customers. I readily accept and respect the view of those who do not wish to see dogs in restaurants but they do have other choices - oh if only the same criteria applied to some humans :lol: :lol: and by that I do not mean that as a reference to JK.

Regards

Rita
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lloyd

That was my interpretation too but it appears others did not see it that way and turned what was a simple recommendation request for dog friendly restaurants in one particular area into a debate on the merits or demerits of dogs in such establishments. In so doing had also not read the request properly.

Rita
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And now, let's get the thread back on track. If you want to debate your idea of perfect restaurant clientelle, please start a new thread. If you want to recommend a dog-friendly restaurant, please do so here.