Planning Consent, neighbour notifications etc.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgward

Planning Consent, neighbour notifications etc.

Post by Jimgward »

Sorry, not sure of where to put this thread.

We have some waste ground beside us, that has been up for sale after builder repossession. Someone 'may' have bought it. If they build, do they need forward planning approval and do they need to notify neighbours?

Thanks

Jim
Chaddy

Re: Planning Consent, neighbour notifications etc.

Post by Chaddy »

We looked at a property here when we came over around fifteen years ago.Loved the property but I was a little apprehensive about the spare land at one side of it.So we turned it down,,,,fast forward all these years,,,,,boy,did we make the right decision :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would have thought that any land had to have plans passed before it could be built on.
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Whether they have planning consent or not, I doubt very much that notifying neighbours features high up on their to do list!

Shane
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Neighbours are not consulted or informed. Planning consent SHOULD be a prerequisite before digging. If work starts go immediately to the Planning Office & speak with an officer, then you may (or may not) be able to see what's about to be built. Not a good system, but unfortunately that's how it is here!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I agree that often building work starts before permission has been officially granted. But MOSTLY plans have been drawn up and someone in the know has said those will be OK when they come before the planning people..
As mentioned it is only after things have been built here that the building is inspected to see that it conforms with the plans and regulations.
The advice to go to the planning office as soon as any work starts is very good advice..
Trev..
humpinghummer

Post by humpinghummer »

It might help to lookup the plot of plan at the government land parcel portal and it will tell you what type of build is allowed, density, height, number of storeys etc. http://eservices.dls.moi.gov.cy/#/natio ... lmapviewer
Pbee

Post by Pbee »

We have land behind our house and without any warning a machine came and started uprooting all the trees and shrubs and the next thing was a road was laid behind our house higher than our fence. We went to Planning and they said the builder doesn't need permission. We explained about the height and someone came out and told the builder he should lower it. At the present time he has not lowered the road and has started building up to about 15 houees. Another trip to Planning last Friday and they ssid he has no building permit but that's ok. They are working non stop there even all weekend. Don't expect any notification for any building it just won't happen here. I worked in Planning for 20 years in the UK and I can imagine the uproar this kind of thing would have caused there.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

humpinghummer wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:09 pm It might help to lookup the plot of plan at the government land parcel portal and it will tell you what type of build is allowed, density, height, number of storeys etc. http://eservices.dls.moi.gov.cy/#/natio ... lmapviewer
I think we may have caused it to crash!!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 pm
humpinghummer wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:09 pm It might help to lookup the plot of plan at the government land parcel portal and it will tell you what type of build is allowed, density, height, number of storeys etc. http://eservices.dls.moi.gov.cy/#/natio ... lmapviewer
I think we may have caused it to crash!!
I use that DLS portal many times, it works slow, but is very handy all the applications one can open (open map viewer, p.e. Hydrographic Data)....

Max