MOT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Pbee

MOT

Post by Pbee »

Can anyone recommend a good MOT station please
Thanks
Lofos-5

Re: MOT

Post by Lofos-5 »

Close to Lidl on the Polis road, on the right side when driving up - best to have an appointment though - it's a busy place.

A.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There are s few in the directory:

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/category/mot
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Funnily enough they passed my friend's car even though it had illegal tyres ……………………...! :shock:

Shane
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I too always use the one mentioned opposite Lidl's. The afternoons are usually quieter, and I think they close for lunch..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

And I always get a free cup of Joe.

I've used them it seems forever, they did find a problem on my last visit with the milage as he called it (mileage) it was not correct, too low, he contact the Car Dealer I bought this car from two years earlier, the dealer offered me the total cash back (amazing dealer) free motoring for two years!, I chose another newer motor that I have been happy with, all in all, I recommend this MOT station, and I will continue to use.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Dominic wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 am That would be this one:

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/en ... mot_centre
Yes it would Dominic..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Neil, my name is Jim,

hello, the car was, in fact, a trade-in from another local dealer, the car a Honda Jazz was the most reliable car I have ever owned, I almost kept it, in some ways I wished I had. And yes there are some dodgy dealers in Paphos. It is very easy to clock new cars electronically, in fact, you can phone them to come and do this if say your old dash mileage meter goes west. But many car electricians can do this also. As in my case mileage changes are usually picked up by the MOT inspector.

My dealer who I used was a very honest man, he still is, he instantly gave me the option of keeping the car and getting the mileage sorted out properly or the option I took to get that full refund and put that to a newer motor as I did.

I have had several cars from him, they have always been excellent honest motors, most of them are from Japan, we have another car a 3-year-old VW Polo also purchased from him another Jap import, as did my neighbour, I would use the same dealer again in the near future, trust is a commodity you cannot buy easily.

If you want his contacts then PM me.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

That would be a Toyota Vitz. Do not know that dealer personally, your friend I wish him happy motoring. The Vitz can also be called the Toyota Yaris, just badge engineering. :)
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
Jim.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Our friends lived next door to Russians for 14 years, they never had their car MOT'd or taxed. Reckoned it was worth taking the risk not to.

Alan
Pbee

Post by Pbee »

Thank you to everyone who made a recommendation.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Neil morning, if it says Vitz on the motor then it's a Toyota, Honda makes the Jazz similar size but certainly not a Toyota, take a picture as I know Toyota produce the Vitz/Yaris,(same model) just take a look around you will see both they are very popular, rightly so. You cannot imagine Hondas stealing the name "Vitz". :) The only thing I can think of he has purchased a Honda Fit, again the same car as the Honda Jazz just badge engineered again.

see this link. http://world.honda.com/Fit-Jazz/
Jim.