Burglaries in Tala

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Burglaries in Tala

Post by memory man »

A three-house burglary is under investigation by the Pafos Crimes Detection Division.

The burglaries occurred yesterday evening in a specific district of the Tala Municipality of Paphos District.

The owners returning home from 22:00 to 23:30 in the evening found that strangers had sharply broke the entrances and had entered their homes.

The two houses belong to British permanent residents of Cyprus and the third to a homogeneous country from Georgia.

Of the houses, a total of 6,000 pounds and 1,500 euros were stolen in cash, as well as gold and valuables of unknown value so far.

The police collected various documents from the scene in order to identify the perpetrators.

Paphos Press
Uncle D

Re: Burglaries in Tala

Post by Uncle D »

Not a good idea to leave so much cash in the house.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

There have been a number of burglaries recently in Mandria too. Sad to say it but you need strong locks on doors/windows, external security lights and house alarms ... just like in UK.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Burglaries in the Paphos area are epidemic especially in the ex pat communities but these are hardly ever given any press for the fear it might have consequences on the Tourist industry
Did I read correctly that Statitstics of crime has fallen!!! ............they must be using a strange percentage fornula
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

From Tala news blog
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT - Possible suspicious vehicle
Posted: 23 May 2018 07:43 AM PDT

Could you please be on the lookout for an old Silver Peugeot – I’m afraid I don’t have a model or registration number. It was seen last week, with four occupants [male] in an area that suffered 3 break ins on Monday 21 May, evening time.

The vehicle may not be connected, but if anyone spots such a vehicle around Tala, could they please obtain the registration number and, if possible, description of occupants, and pass to me so the Police can investigate .

Thanks
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy