What a terrible situation in Gaza - again!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

What a terrible situation in Gaza - again!

Post by Jimgward »

16 killed, 1100 injured as IDF and Jewish settlers fire on protestors.

Israeli press (and Jewish deputies in London) claimed the protest was a ‘terrorist’ protest :shock:

Stones were thrown and some burning tyres rolled towards the fence in no-man’s Land.

The idf retailiated by using tanks, jets and snipers. One boy was filmed being shot 4 times as he ran away from the area back towards the crowds.

No news channel in the UK even spoke about this, yet spent lots of time talking about Corbyn and labour being anti-Semitic.

The idf called up 100 armed settlers to act as snipers.

What a cluster-f*** of a place. This should never be defended as appropriate action on a protest. No rockets were fired by Palestinians and no film showing any firearms or shots from Palestinian side.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, my bullets will kill you.
Varky

Re: What a terrible situation in Gaza - again!

Post by Varky »

Jimgward,
In some circles by posting as such you would be called an anti-semite as all criticism of Israel is designated by some as such. In my opinion, you are not anti-semitic for posting as you have. This is how Jeremy Corbin and some members of the labour party come to be classed as anti-semitic for purely political reasons.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Another day in the Land of milk and honey to some, Hell on earth to others.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Varky.. totally agree. I am a believer in the state of Israel. However, that state has Arabs, Coptic Christians and others. It may be a Jewish State, but my opposition is purely political and against what they are doing to the Palestinians, with land-grabs and essentially imprisoning those in Gaza. This all started as tensions rose over the known peaceful protest that’s was planned, marking the loss of land rights and killing of 6 Arabs. A farmer collecting crops with a worker, were shelled by an Israeli tank. The idf claimed they were suspected of perhaps trying to plant a bomb. No evidence.

The Hamas leadership asked for a peaceful protest along the border, however some teenagers threw stones and and set fire to tyres and rolled them towards the first fence. The idf shot them. Including some running away. Video evidence online if you have the stomach to see a teenage boy shot 4 times.

Israel, as usual, blames Hamas for the loss of life and injuries. No shots fired by Palestinians.

Netanyahoo, as stated there will be no single state or two-state solution. He wants all Palestinians expelled from an expanded Israel.

In the uk, the Jewish lobbies have targeted Corbyn as he has Palestinian sympathies. He is known NOT to be racist, nor anti-Semitic. The extreme-right-wing Pro-Israeli lobbies are going after him, as they see the threat to the Tories. Now, in my opinion, Corbyn would not get into power anyway,Mobutu they are making sure of it. All this backed by known racists and extreme-right backers.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

In my honest opinion, if Israel were to give the Palestians (Arabs) back half the country as an automonous region, UN sanctioned, then the neighbouring Arab countries would have little left to moan about the "Zionist entity" in their midst...

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Almalutz

Post by Almalutz »

It was terrible, it was a massacre. :(
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

An International journalist was quoted as saying “An eye for an eye-lash”
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

What a stupid comment to highlight, does you no favours in portraying the plight of those persecuted!

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

ApusApus wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm What a stupid comment to highlight, does you no favours in portraying the plight of those persecuted!

Shane
I think you have misinterpreted what the comment meant. Basically, they were saying it was like using a sledgehammer to crack a sesame seed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I don't think I have but let's see ………….. !

Shane
Varky

Post by Varky »

ApusApus,
As you are waiting to see, then In my opinion you have misinterpreted the comment. I read it to mean that for every minor attack (eyelash) the IDF would retaliate with a more substantial (and in my opinion, disproportionate) action (eye).
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Shane

I’m at a loss as to what you could possibly construe this as meaning, other than has been said, the journalist was using the well-known biblical phrase, an eye for an eye but highlighting the eye-lash as the ridiculousness of the response in proportion to a few stones...

You seem to want to be arrobocious....
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I would if I new what it meant! ;)

Shane