Dog Walkers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
STELIOSBWFC

Dog Walkers

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

I live in Salford and I am a good dog walker always pick up the poo. Some bastard has left poison on the embankment the old Worsley train line and my dog has been made ill. Yorkie will not harm no one. Came home from work he was sick shivering. Took him to the vets liver and kidney function was fine after blood test. He is really ill though. I'm up all night checking on my best mate and he is just not himself. It does not just happen in CYP but in most places and the shits that do it need to be brought to court. Gizmo is part of my family. If I catch them I will have words (Salford way) break their legs. I'm so angry over this and will find them.
JimX

Re: Dog Walkers

Post by JimX »

This is and has been a regular occurrence over many years on Cyprus, I have had several cats poisoned and our Dachshund all recovered, fortunately, it is awful but it seems unstoppable here, no idea why Salford is a victim as I never heard of dogs or cats being poisoned while we lived in the UK for 54 years, but here is another matter altogether, I sincerely hope your little dog makes a full recovery.
Jim.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I hope your dog will recover soon from whatever poisoning it was. As he is still alive after you went to the vet there is large hope. I know exactly how you feel. When I was still living in Germany my best dog ever, a Champion Alsatian (winner of many trophies) was poisoned in his own kennel in my garden. When I came for lunch break from work I found him very poorly and he died in my arms at the vets before they could treat him. Alf was one of the best police dogs at my home town, where I was member at the German Shepherd Police dog training center. He got the max. 100 points each in tracking, protecting and attacking when he was only 1 year old....

One tip for the future: Try to make the dog sick immediately with grass, which you put with force in his mouth and if you have milk available try that he is drinking a lot of it. With this little tricks I managed that several dogs which were poisoned here in Cyprus survived even Lannate poisoning...
Of course after that with fast speed to the next best vet...
Max
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Gizmo seems a lot better today still a bit rough but he has had boiled chicken and rice. Glad I got him to the vet quick. I have had a walk down the embankment and there is dog biscuits all over it, think this is what he has picked up. We never let our dog eat out that is not from us but when he is off and running think this is when he may of taken one. This is a running track and cycle path and I think other dog owners do not pick poo up and dispose of it in the correct way. I'm still angry about this. Thanks for advice Max.