Clarks shoe shops

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Clarks shoe shops

Post by Sadie »

Hi all
Does anyone know if these shops are still open?
On the website there are no opening times??
Thanks
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
STELIOSBWFC

Re: Clarks shoe shops

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

https://www.clarks.co.uk/
Still open on the internet but not sure if they will deliver to Cyprus.
Bought a pair of leather flip flops 12 years ago and they still look like new. :P
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

In a similar vein, I did notice from the 615 bus from Paphos Harbour to Coral Bay that there is an ecco (Danish) shoe shop down the Coral Bay strip.

Does anyone have any experiences of this shop, in terms of typical prices etc please? Is there a similar shop somewhere in K Paphos or up in the old town?

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

PaphosAL wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm In a similar vein, I did notice from the 615 bus from Paphos Harbour to Coral Bay that there is an ecco (Danish) shoe shop down the Coral Bay strip.

Does anyone have any experiences of this shop, in terms of typical prices etc please? Is there a similar shop somewhere in K Paphos or up in the old town?

AL :?
Expensive and yes there is one in the old town also one on the Rd to the harbour nr the handkerchief tree
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 pm https://www.clarks.co.uk/
Still open on the internet but not sure if they will deliver to Cyprus.
Bought a pair of leather flip flops 12 years ago and they still look like new. :P
Thanks but I neglected to say the websites were for branches in Paphos & Limassol
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:32 am I am under the impression that Clarks shoes were available locally years ago, but when the supply stopped (for whatever reason!) the shops kept the signs to mislead people in to thinking they still were!!

My family had a large tannery in Carlisle and Clarks UK were one of their largest customers so I was very lucky as a child that my school shoes were always from the factory shop!
How would keeping the sign benefit the shop?...if they had no Clarks shoes to sell :?
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

Went yesterday and the ECCO shop in Coral Bay is CLOSED
What we are
What we have been
What we intend to be
is shown more in the Patience we exhibit than through any other virtue
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 am
WHL wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:36 am
Flossie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:32 am I am under the impression that Clarks shoes were available locally years ago, but when the supply stopped (for whatever reason!) the shops kept the signs to mislead people in to thinking they still were!!

My family had a large tannery in Carlisle and Clarks UK were one of their largest customers so I was very lucky as a child that my school shoes were always from the factory shop!
How would keeping the sign benefit the shop?...if they had no Clarks shoes to sell :?
[/

Erm possibly to make people think they did, who would then go in and buy anyway! Oh and just for the record there's a shop on Makarios Ave in with a BIRKENSTOCK sign outside that no longer stocks them either!

:roll:
So I go into the shop and ask for Clarks shoes..sorry sir we dont sell them anymore, thank you ,I then walk out....sorry how is that benefiting the shop? :roll:
Ams

Post by Ams »

The Clarks shop in the old town was open on Saturday. I didn't go in, so I can't tell you if they actually sell Clarks shoes.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Ams wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am The Clarks shop in the old town was open on Saturday. I didn't go in, so I can't tell you if they actually sell Clarks shoes.
Ams could you tell me where about it is please?
Ams

Post by Ams »

Sadie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm
Ams wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am The Clarks shop in the old town was open on Saturday. I didn't go in, so I can't tell you if they actually sell Clarks shoes.
Ams could you tell me where about it is please?
Hi Sadie

It's on the main road (now pedestrianised) in the old town, Arch. Makarious Avenue. It's on the road that runs from Kennedy Square to the market. It's just after (or before, depending on which way you are walking) Elean Opticians.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I know I've ventured down the Clarks and ECCO shoes route before, as applied to Cyprus, but let's give it another try...

Pre 2004 EU, both brands were famously cheap in the likes of Evans shoe shops on the island, costing around half of the the UK prices. The reason being is that they were imported in two seperate halves, the uppers and the soles, then glued together by local labour in a factory in Limassol, for retail distribution.

After EU accession in 2004, this nice little import duty tax dodge became a fond memory, and many local jobs were lost... I guess to buy real Clarks or ECCO shoes in Cyprus these days will cost pretty much the same as in the rest of the EU. Very expensive!

AL :(
Gone but not forgotten...