Tax forms

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Tax forms

Post by Sadie »

Hi all
Are tax forms late this year or have I been missed?
TIA
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Alewfin

Re: Tax forms

Post by Alewfin »

I spoke to the cashier at Inland Revenue and she confirmed that all Income Tax submissions for 2017 have to be online, but payments can still be paid at the cashier office.

I therefore registered for online submission and eventually was provided with a log in and password. I have since logged in but 2017 does not appear in the drop down menu, unless I'm doing something incredibly stupid. Therefore, I'm assuming that the tax office is a bit late.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Online is alway later in the year , last year it was end of May .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Goodness only knows how people are expected to know this.. ???
Trev..
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:04 pm Goodness only knows how people are expected to know this.. ???
I agree Trev....what about the folks who have no acces to computers etc.
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I don;t know Sadie and there must be many of the older Cypriots without a computer.

Even those of us who do have a computer have had no word from the Tax department about this.
And on our recent years forms that we submitted, they wanted (and got) our email addresses..
Trev..
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:17 pm Even those of us who do have a computer have had no word from the Tax department about this.
And on our recent years forms that we submitted, they wanted (and got) our email addresses..
Trev, that would require joined-up thinking - and this is Cyprus! :lol: :lol:
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ha ha, that is true. It seems to me that it is going to be a right old mix up..
As we pay no tax, I asked a couple of years ago if we could stop filling in the forms every year.
No was the answer.
Trev..
jandk

Post by jandk »

Went to Tax Office to join up , but forgot to take yellow slip. There is a notice on display saying everyone must register to submit tax returns online. Just wonder how Cyprus OAPs living in the sticks with no internet will get on !
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I wonder what will happen if I do absolutely nothing ?? Unless I get notification of what I am supposed to do..
Trev..
exodus

Post by exodus »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:40 am I wonder what will happen if I do absolutely nothing ?? Unless I get notification of what I am supposed to do..
If you owe tax you will receive a late payment fine - that is what I was told at the Limassol tax office.
They take the view the onus is on YOU to find out.
:evil:
Amos.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But we won't owe tax as we are pensioners well below the tax threshold.. And whilst I can't deny what you were told ie 'it is up to me to find out'. How would I have any inkling that there were no paper forms coming through the post. ???

The tax office have my Name.. Address.. Phone number... Email address.. But it is up to me with my crystal ball to know that I have to do things online .
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The reason that UK pensioners who are below the Cyprus tax level HAVE to register is...If you are above the UK tax allowance-ie If you would pay tax in UK - then you must register for tax here in Cyprus. I pay no tax here or in UK. However if I was in UK I would be taxed at source.

Hope that this will clarify it for some of you.
All things are possible