Amazon

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Scotslass

Amazon

Post by Scotslass »

Be careful when ordering anything from Amazon. I just noticed when I looked at my card statement that they had taken £7.99 for Prime membership which I did not request. I have now gone into my Amazon account and cancelled this membership. However, I also noticed while cancelling that Amazon would have taken the same amount off my account every month.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Amazon

Post by Dominic »

You have requested it, without realising it. It was probably a "try freepost" button or something similar. What you need to do is contact them and they will refund the money.

The easiest(!) way to contact them is as follows.

1. Go to amazon.co.uk
2. Go to bottom of page
3. Find the LET US HELP YOU section, and click on the last option; HELP
4. Under the BROWSE HELP TOPICS section, you will see, again at the bottom, NEED MORE HELP?
5. Click that, and one of the options that appear on the right is CONTACT US. Select that.

Select what your issue is, and you get the option to contact via phone, online or email.

I don't know why they hide this away, but it does get results.

And if you still aren't satisfied, email jeff@amazon.com

I did this when the above route failed to get any answers, and I got a solution within a day.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

I second what Dominic says.

One of the things I really like about Amazon is how you get a reply so quickly when you contact them. The other day I came home and an Amazon delivery had been left in my porch (as per my request). The weather was vile, with an easterly wind which was blowing the rain straight into the porch. The delivery guy had taken the trouble to wrap my parcel in a black bin bag, in case it got wet. I wrote to Amazon customer service, using the way Dominic suggests, just to ask them to pass my thanks to him. I got an email within 1 hour, thanking me for my comment, telling me they had contacted the distribution centre to pass my thanks to the driver in question, and wishing me and mine a happy Christmas. It's the little things huh! Whenever I have contacted them, they have resolved the issues courteously.
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

I was aware there was probably something that was ticked to trigger this. I just wanted to make everyone aware to be careful when placing an order, to look out for the tic box that will start off the Prime subscriptions (unless you want it of course). I must have missed it when placing an order as I am not getting any younger, just more senile these days. :roll: :roll:

I have since received an email saying that the subscription has been cancelled and the amount taken will be credited.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Funnily enough, I ended up "subscribing" to Amazon Prime when I placed an order on Monday of this week. It's something I've always avoided so I think perhaps they may have rejigged the buttons around recently.

I noticed it when I went through to the next stage of paying for my order so went back afterwards and immediately cancelled it.

I received a notification that my subscription had been cancelled and the added bonus it seems, is I get Prime for the next month (until 10 December) which includes free and fast delivery.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm Funnily enough, I ended up "subscribing" to Amazon Prime when I placed an order on Monday of this week. It's something I've always avoided so I think perhaps they may have rejigged the buttons around recently.

I noticed it when I went through to the next stage of paying for my order so went back afterwards and immediately cancelled it.

I received a notification that my subscription had been cancelled and the added bonus it seems, is I get Prime for the next month (until 10 December) which includes free and fast delivery.
Or maybe the 10th of January :-)
Trev..
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yes, correct Trev.
Thank you 😊
"Have Camera, Will Travel"