BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

Re: BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Post by ApusApus »

Give it up Royal ............. the deafness will kill him! His reason d'tre is no more, a deceased Norwegian blue pining for the fjords, or some other thing that has past it's sell by date, and the rest that most of us can think of!

Shane
Last edited by ApusApus on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal

Post by Royal »

ApusApus wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 pm Give it up Royal ............. the deafness will kill him!

Shane
Good advice. I will bow out.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

haha..... the last three posts from the brotherhood of brexiteers......

Honestly, are there no other opinions other than “good post X”
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Thank you for your kind remarks Poppy.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm haha..... the last three posts from the brotherhood of brexiteers......

Honestly, are there no other opinions other than “good post X”
Your sneering and childish attitude just about sums you up. There have been plenty of opinions, yet you and other Remainers ignore them when it doesn't suit your argument. Something which has been pointed out in an earlier post. I guess you missed that also. Perhaps you ought to go back and read what was written? Failing that, just continue to post your usual standard of comment.
jeba

Post by jeba »

What I don´t understand is where it comes from that Brexit automatically includes leaving the EEA. Was that an issue during the run-up to the election?
jeba

Post by jeba »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 pm The UK will leave the EU, that includes the EEA..
No, the EU isn´t the same as the EEA.
outasite

Post by outasite »

The sad thing about all this is that the UK under May and her government are being brow beaten into submission by HiC's beloved EU which, over the months since the vote, has show itself to be a bullying, blackmailing, totally undemocratic entity, which is hell bent on punishing the UK for wanting out. And in my opinion it is doing this to the UK purely to warn the other member states what will happen to them if they ever decide to leave.
exodus

Post by exodus »

outasite wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am The sad thing about all this is that the UK under May and her government are being brow beaten into submission by HiC's beloved EU which, over the months since the vote, has show itself to be a bullying, blackmailing, totally undemocratic entity, which is hell bent on punishing the UK for wanting out. And in my opinion it is doing this to the UK purely to warn the other member states what will happen to them if they ever decide to leave.
I think you mean "when they decide to leave"!
Amos.
outasite

Post by outasite »

exodus wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 am
outasite wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am The sad thing about all this is that the UK under May and her government are being brow beaten into submission by HiC's beloved EU which, over the months since the vote, has show itself to be a bullying, blackmailing, totally undemocratic entity, which is hell bent on punishing the UK for wanting out. And in my opinion it is doing this to the UK purely to warn the other member states what will happen to them if they ever decide to leave.
I think you mean "when they decide to leave"!
Amos.
I do indeed. 😀
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 am Still, I don't think the UK has much to fear with negotiating experts like this leading the way: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/david-davis-s ... 04594.html :lol:
The experts sit behind him Lloyd and they do their job day in day out serving whichever Government the electorate has chosen to govern them. I dont think they rely too much on the various opinions of the media et al but on their knowledge of the actual situation. And no I am not saying they always get it right but my goodness they are a jolly sight more informed and experienced than most of us armchair critics on this and other forums relying on links from other sources. Reality is no-one actually knows as yet and the pits and troughs will reveal themselves as negotiations proceed.

Rita
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What an outrageous statement. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Rita Sherry wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 am Still, I don't think the UK has much to fear with negotiating experts like this leading the way: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/david-davis-s ... 04594.html :lol:
The experts sit behind him Lloyd and they do their job day in day out serving whichever Government the electorate has chosen to govern them. I dont think they rely too much on the various opinions of the media et al but on their knowledge of the actual situation. And no I am not saying they always get it right but my goodness they are a jolly sight more informed and experienced than most of us armchair critics on this and other forums relying on links from other sources. Reality is no-one actually knows as yet and the pits and troughs will reveal themselves as negotiations proceed.

Rita
Oh so true Rita, yet some believe every scaremongering article they find on Yahoo in the early hours of the morning.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Davis’s performance last week, where he told a parliamentary committee, that the government has performed no risk impact studies by sector, is fudging. They have and the news isn’t for publishing. For one, it would make it too easy for the EU to hold a greater weight over us in the negotiations, but also, the news isn’t good and that would be the last thing. They could release jus† now.

Having spoken to someone who works in a government department helping in trade overseas, there are grave concerns that 80% of the UK’s trade is in services. That is far too easily affected under brexit. Also, key sectors like Aerospace, Food & Drink, Automotive and others can see no positives from brexit.

The only positive so far is that some companies are setting up UK bases - but too many purely to allow them to appear British, in terms of supply, so that a blockaded UK can’t exclude them. The numbers employed will be minimal.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Dear oh dear..... it never rains (in Cyprus) but it pours (in the Uk)

70% of the UK GDP is based on services. Much of that financial. Currently, these are VAT free to other EU states.

When David Davis stated that he hadn't completed any sectoral analysis on the impact of different brexits, he lied. He knows the potential is there to cripple services under brexit.

A very Merry Xmas to us all.... we may as well have a drink while we can afford one!