Hotel recommendations

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JB1

Hotel recommendations

Post by JB1 »

Any recommendations for 'traditional' type hotels in the west of the island please? Looking for one night stay somewhere with good food and pleasant hosts!
PaphosAL

Re: Hotel recommendations

Post by PaphosAL »

Not to mention that apart from Nikoklia being set in rural surroundings (as Lloyd mentions), the surrounding scenery is simply stunning, with some beautiful short strolls in just about any direction!

Been there, done it, but don't have a T-Shirt, LOL! Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
JB1

Post by JB1 »

Thanks for that, I'll look it up.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

A very nice Hotel is the Droushia Heights Hotel, Droushia Village. www.droushiaheightshotel.com.cy
We have stayed there a few times and use it for special occasions.
All things are possible
memory man

Post by memory man »

PaphosAL wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Been there, done it, but don't have a T-Shirt, LOL! Cheers- AL :)
You can have this one :lol:

Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

You can't get more traditional than Kinyras Hotel, Makarios Ave, Paphos. This is one of the oldest hotels in Paphos,situated in the recently renovated old town area. It is well kept,has reasonable rooms and good food and a lovely internal courtyard with shady trees where meals are served in summer. The staff are friendly and as the hotel is a small one, service is more personal than in the larger hotels.The street outside is now pedestrianised, so quiet.
It is well situated being in the middle of the town, so you can walk to most things. There are also buses too which connect with Paphos harbour.
Dee
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm You can't get more traditional than Kinyras Hotel, Makarios Ave, Paphos. This is one of the oldest hotels in Paphos,situated in the recently renovated old town area. It is well kept,has reasonable rooms and good food and a lovely internal courtyard with shady trees where meals are served in summer. The staff are friendly and as the hotel is a small one, service is more personal than in the larger hotels.The street outside is now pedestrianised, so quiet.
It is well situated being in the middle of the town, so you can walk to most things. There are also buses too which connect with Paphos harbour.
Dee
Very good recommendation. Great place for lunch, especially in the heat of summer. Perfect setting and ideal location for exploring the old town, bus station etc.. Stayed there 25 years ago and doubt if it's changed much (a good point IMHO). Clean, friendly etc. Couldn't ask for more.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm You can't get more traditional than Kinyras Hotel, Makarios Ave, Paphos. This is one of the oldest hotels in Paphos,situated in the recently renovated old town area. It is well kept,has reasonable rooms and good food and a lovely internal courtyard with shady trees where meals are served in summer. The staff are friendly and as the hotel is a small one, service is more personal than in the larger hotels.The street outside is now pedestrianised, so quiet.
Dee
A quirky hotel.......stayed overnight 3 years ago ........rooms are small but adequate for an overnight......George the owner is a character....staff friendly.....good food and the strongest Brandy sour I've ever drank 😳
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Lincoln wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18 pm A very nice Hotel is the Droushia Heights Hotel, Droushia Village. www.droushiaheightshotel.com.cy
We have stayed there a few times and use it for special occasions.
Agreed, Lincoln! It's like Dartmoor, with magnificent granite outcrops poking up out of the surrounding rolling hillside terrain, not to mention stunning views and rambling...

Nice typical Cypriot village too, with little coffee shops and maybe a taverna or two? Not sure if it's true, but I once read somwhere that Droushia Heights Hotel was collectively built by the villagers, and is still staffed and run by them...

Cheers- AL :)
JB1

Post by JB1 »

I've just looked at the website for the Droushia Heights Hotel and they don't seem to have any twin rooms, which is what I need. I've emailed them anyway to check.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

JB1 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:27 am I've just looked at the website for the Droushia Heights Hotel and they don't seem to have any twin rooms, which is what I need. I've emailed them anyway to check.
Yes they do have twin beds. :D
All things are possible
JB1

Post by JB1 »

Opted for the Droushia Heights Hotel in the end and was very pleased I did. Got upgraded to a suite with a sea view when we checked in, rooms were very clean, in fact the whole hotel was. Comfortable beds, wonderful views in all directions and great food meant a very enjoyable stay, would certainly stay there again. Joyce
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Glad that you enjoyed your stay. But in my opinion Drushia Heights is not a traditional hotel. Which was what your original post seemed to want...It was built not too long ago and has had a re fit since which has improved its comfort.
It has a minimalist decor in the public rooms since its re fit. Previously it had more of a 'villagy feel' to it, I think.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Thank you for the feedback Joyce. It's nice to know you had a good time. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Band

Post by Band »

I know it's after the event, but for a hotel in Paphos I also vote for the Kinyras. Wonderful little place with a surprising courtyard in the middle and close to everything in town.

Vasilias Nikoklis is also good. I have filmed a number of weddings there. Very traditional, but kind of in the middle of nowhere.
exodus

Post by exodus »

We recently stayed at the Alvida Hotel, TOK road, Paphos. Cheap and cheerful. Good food. €81 for a double or twin room B+B.
Half board €5 each extra if required.
Good on-site parking.
Amos.
JB1

Post by JB1 »

i know the Droushia Heights Hotel was not the traditional type I wanted but the Vasilias Nikoklis did not have a room when we wanted to go, and the one in the centre of Paphos had shocking reviews from people who had stayed there. Very happy with our final choice so thank you for the recommendations. Joyce
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Did you get a chance to have a little stroll around the amazing countryside surrounding Droushia Heights Hotel, Joyce, or around Droushia village itself?

If not, maybe next time, eh? AL :)
JB1

Post by JB1 »

We had a run down to Latchi and a walk around the harbour then along the coast but hit the roadworks and the roads just got narrower and narrower and ended up on a dirt road so thought I'd better turn back as didn't have a 4x4 vehicle! The area surrounding the hotel was absolutely stunning and wish we'd had more time to explore. Joyce
JB1

Post by JB1 »

It's that time of the year again and once more looking for recommendations. Up to now we have tried Y&P Latchi, The Mill at Kakopetria, Paradisos Hills, Ambelikos Hotel and Droushia Heights Hotel. Anyone been anywhere nice recently and want to pass on any recommendations please? I'm not familiar with the west of the island so rely on forums such as this! Joyce