Donald Trump Inaugeration

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Conoflex

Re: Donald Trump Inaugeration

Post by Conoflex »

On the other thread I stated my original intention was not to vote because I felt that in or out was not going to effect me significantly/personally either way.

Some members seemed to think my stance was not in line with my vocal opinion on the matter and when I remembered how Blair has denied me and the rest of the country their say on Lisbon I decided to register to vote.

The ludicrous nature of Project Fear and the outrageous threat by Obama were the final determinants in my decision to vote Out (got my mum to do it by proxy)

So yes I voted out, I stated so numerous times on CL and on the basis of what I've seen since and what has happened since I would do so again without hesitation.

The European Union has lost he plot- it is trying to impose a political union of the people's of Europe that these citizens do not want. If that political union was based on some sort of democratic basis, if justice was meted out by the ECJ on merit and not expediency and people had actually been consulted on this process or even had he implications of Lisbon explained to then there might some enthusiasm for the project and a modicum of legitimacy to it. Give that none of the previous took place the EU has painted itself into a corner and is totally unable to tackle the many problems it has created without implementing more of precisely what it is that people don't want

Call Trump what you like, but at least can see it isn't working either. It is ratcheting up tensions between Russia and Europe, it is creating rising extremism in member states, it is falling economically behind the rest of the world, it has an ongoing financial crisis that threatens world economic stability and it has created Great Depression levels of poverty in some of it's own member states .

When Trump looks at those failings he must think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, incapable of doing his job any worse than the EU is doing theirs - and in the case of the latter he is probably spot on