Ryanair Cancels More Flights.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
RattyPatty

Ryanair Cancels More Flights.

Post by RattyPatty »

Daily Mail saying lots more flights being cancelled up to March next year.
Royal

Re: Ryanair Cancels More Flights.

Post by Royal »

What a joke of an airline!
Ryanair will cancel another 18,000 flights between November and March, affecting the travel plans of another 400,000 passengers.

It will fly 25 fewer planes to cut the risk of further flight cancellations.
More than 30 routes will be suspended this winter, including Stansted to Edinburgh and Glasgow, Gatwick to Belfast and Newcastle to Faro.

Earlier this month the Irish airline cancelled up to 50 flights a day through to the end of October.
Those passengers affected by the move will be offered alternative flights or full refunds.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41414414
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Not surprisingly, Paphos / Chania flights are amongst those to be cancelled for the winter season
holitec

Post by holitec »

I use Ryanair on all my flights (some of my customers work for them, so have a bit of loyalty there) , but I need to be in the UK on set dates, and back on set dates. So I tried some other carriers, and booked one - then checked the Ryanair price, and it was £50 more - so I am afraid Lepricorn airways has lost a regular customer here. I will rather pay a bit extra to get the dates I need, but as it happens, by making an effort I can either match or beat their price.

I think he may have damaged his business model a bit.

Digby
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Another "Ratner" moment maybe?

Shane
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
If you have paid for flights with Ryanair with a sterling credit card on line they will refund you in euros at an exchange rate"plucked" out the air.It took me three months and in the end Visa got me the £80 difference owing.
Lets say you paid £700 for flights,they cancel your flights,you expect £700 put back in your account,not rocket science is it?Ryanair were an absolute disgrace dealing with them.Best of luck to anyone who has to claim funds back.
holitec

Post by holitec »

That is not exactly fair, I once had cause to ask for a refund. I was denied boarding at the gate (my details were incorrect, although they were stored on the system, worked before and since), and it turned out the flight was overbooked due to 5 ryanair staff on the same flight. I was asked to move from my pre-booked seat to another one. The next day, I decided to complain and ask for a voucher for the cost of the seat.

Ryanair refunded not only the cost of the seat, but priority boarding as well, back in my account within 48 hours - in Euros the same currency I used to pay for them..

I would imagine the cost of refunds is small compared with the cost of not flying the aircraft, after all they are on lease and cost money sitting on the ground, plus the airport charges just to park them up - I would imagine the accountants are having a serious "Ratner" moment at present.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Andromeda wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:44 pm Not surprisingly, Paphos / Chania flights are amongst those to be cancelled for the winter season
The Greek tourist industry shuts down at the end of October. Some of our Friends went to Crete last October, they paid for a transfer and the transfer company didnt turn up, closed for winter. After much complaining to RA wanting a refund, they only managed to get vouchers.

RA have been threatened with legal action
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41422571

Whilst watching Salvage Hunters last night I was surprised that every commercial break had a RA advert, who is going to book with them now?
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Royal

Post by Royal »

Tickled me...
Attachments
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG (37.26 KiB) Viewed 3399 times